It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

Cardiff Bay/Mermaid Quay developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: Cardiff Bay/Mermaid Quay developments

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 2:58 pm

If only there was a car park or two within a 5 minute walk of the Norwegian church....

lucky

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 12:08 am

The ones existing in the Bay are regularly full. The street I live on has extensive illegal parking most weekends in the summer and during events, and a minor amount all year. And if you live in the flats, you will want to park on site.

Cen

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 10:46 am

Work on Box City could start in autumn:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/c ... y-12949578

I'm glad this still has legs. I personally thought the idea had fizzled out having not heard much in a while. Having been to the Box Parks in both Shoreditch and Croydon, I would absolutely love to have that kind of vibe in the Bay.

MattW

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Good news, the bay is crying out for something like that. I've also been to both the other Boxparks and they are a huge success - allowing smaller independent places to open up.

Zach

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 5:13 pm

The area in this photo did have shops and a bar but it all closed down about 5 years back.
The leases are still available, so there is nothing stopping anyone.
Just real businesses are harder than photo-shop businesses.

Cardiff

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 8:06 pm

I cant remember any bars or shops here,in fact not even a road or pavements was here. There is currently the cafe in the container but thats all i have know for over 6 years of living in the area?

Simon__200

PostFri Apr 28, 2017 9:18 am

Cardiff wrote:I cant remember any bars or shops here,in fact not even a road or pavements was here. There is currently the cafe in the container but thats all i have know for over 6 years of living in the area?

That's Zach's "humour". Don't encourage him(!)

Zach

PostSat Apr 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Yes. The photo looked to me like the area beside techniquest. Which had some life in it many moons ago.....
I was distracted by the poor standard of cycling which is now endorsed by ad agencies.

johnpinn

PostTue May 02, 2017 6:03 pm

redragon wrote:What happened about the HSBC building in the end?

Planning granted in the April committee. Time to bring the scheme forward :)

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... k-12913230

Zach

PostWed May 03, 2017 11:24 am

So, expect the planning application to go in this week.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/commercial-property/dolffin-quay-scheme-cardiff-bay-12977147

He said that proposal, for which ABP is expected to submit a planning application to Cardiff council shortly, should have taken into account, in a co-ordinated approach, development plans around Roath Basin - including on land owned by the Welsh Government.

ABP's response;
In a statement APB said: “The size and scale of the building will help to address the urgent need for new homes for the people in Cardiff. Some 200 new homes will be built in an iconic landmark building for Cardiff Bay.

Yes it true this is the only parcel of the land they own in the whole of South Wales :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum