It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:13 am

Power to the people?

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

RandomComment

Power to the people?

PostMon Nov 03, 2014 6:32 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ut-8042511

Theres a few things of use in here - seeing which front-line services are priorities. But some of it is just the usual silly pet-project guff (oh spend more on my pet scheme)... and some of it just un-thought out rubbish like "cutting councillor pay" - councillor's aren't paid, they are given pretty small allowances, which have been frozen for years, and in any case its a tiny tiny part of the budget so offers little real prospect of savings - and the idea we should stop doing things that aren't needed like "back office functions" (which are there to support front line services).

I have an idea - don't spend loads of money on engaging with a public that really doesn't have the attention span to engage properly. I'm sure there are ways to improve efficiency in back office functions; and maybe councillor numbers could be cut. But the kind of responses you get in these surveys aren't that helpful in designing ways to save money - not while the public remain wilfully uninformed.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum