It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am

Student Accommodation

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

amp

Re: Student Accommodation

PostFri May 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Karl wrote:Heres my post in the General Developments thread regarding the other application for student resi in City Road -

Karl wrote:There is an application for a 9 storey residential block on the site of the Municipal Club in City Road. It's next door to the existing tower block currently used by Cardiff and Vale College which I think is 11 storeys. With the CAVC facility opening in Dumballs Rd later this year I was willing to bet money that the exiting tower block in City Rd would have been sold for a residential/student conversion anyway.

I'm not sure I like the idea of City Rd building upwards. It's got a fairly uniform scalke at the moment and although there are some buildings that are in need of renovation and a few old car lots that could do with redeveloping it's coming along quite nicely. I think the existing tower is very incongruous particularly as it abuts the Tredegarville area which I think is a conservation area.

ok then, i stand corrected.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum