It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

St. Davids Shopping Centre

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Simon_SW17

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

Lewisbeecham

PostFri Jul 03, 2020 2:11 pm

Franky & Benny's and Cafe Rouge are both safe. Neither are on the chop list.

lucky

PostFri Jul 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Pity.

jonnywill25

PostSun Sep 20, 2020 1:09 pm

A reliable source (who is the CEO of a Jewellers in St David's) has told me that Breitling and Tag Heuer are opening standalone units on Hayes Arcade. Breitling will apparently occupy KLG02, which was previously occupied by The Pen Shop, whilst Goldsmiths will be reconfigured to create 2 units. Goldsmiths will continue to trade from the sub-divided unit, whilst Tag Heuer will occupy the back segment of the unit which will have a shop front on Hayes Arcade.

jonnywill25

PostTue Sep 22, 2020 11:22 am

jonnywill25 wrote:A reliable source (who is the CEO of a Jewellers in St David's) has told me that Breitling and Tag Heuer are opening standalone units on Hayes Arcade. Breitling will apparently occupy KLG02, which was previously occupied by The Pen Shop, whilst Goldsmiths will be reconfigured to create 2 units. Goldsmiths will continue to trade from the sub-divided unit, whilst Tag Heuer will occupy the back segment of the unit which will have a shop front on Hayes Arcade.

Breitling have submitted a planning application to occupy units KLG01 & KLG02. These units were previously occupied by Swatch & The Pen Shop. The units will be amalgamated into one unit.

Ash

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 7:11 pm

Debenhams closure is going to leave a heck of hole. The store frontages may not be that big but the unit itself must be the largest in the whole centre barring John Lewis and the stores that have dual frontages with Queen Street. The unit could be split up, I guess, but that won't be easy to do and the upper floors in particular will cause problems. If you do split it, who's going to be interested, given the number of empty units elsewhere?

Its a real headache and there's no obvious alternative use to retail.

Simon_SW17

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 9:26 pm

I can imagine a retailer like Next taking the Debenhams unit. It's better located and a lot bigger than their current ex-Littlewoods/M&S unit (remember when there were 2 M&S stores next door to each other?) on Queen St.

It would be much more in the centre of where things are now when you consider Debenhams have an entrance in the Grand Arcade too. Of course it may be too big or expensive for them.

More nails in the coffin of Queen Street though sadly if that were to happen.

DavidH71

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 10:11 pm

Ideal location for a secure bicycle parking facility. Fill the ground floor with bicycle racks, have a counter in the corner for selling accessories, doing minor repairs etc. Direct access for bikes from Hill Street. Charge a modest fee - quid a day seems reasonable for secure, dry parking.

The council are going to a huge effort to put cycle lanes in place - but people need somewhere safe for their bikes when they arrive at their destination. The Dutch are still decades ahead of us on this. I saw a YouTube video of a new cycle parking facility in Utrecht - it was huge...

Ash

PostWed Dec 02, 2020 10:27 am

Actually that's a pretty good idea for the rear of the unit. You could put some smaller units behind the Grand Arcade frontage to fill up SD1.

I guess it's one of those things where supply has to lead demand. Build it and they will come and all that. I don't cycle myself but lack of secure parking must be as disincentive for bike users. I work in Central Square and, even in these covid-stricken times, the workplace cycle parking facility is very well used.

jonnywill25

PostWed Dec 02, 2020 11:17 am

BoConcept have signed for a 5,300 Sq Ft store at St. Davids, Cardiff. The new concept store will occupy unit UG24 which has previously housed Dwell, Head Music and Simply Be|Jacamo.

https://www.retaildestination.co.uk/st- ... boconcept/
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum