It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:03 pm

St. Davids Shopping Centre

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

LRcardiff

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostSat Mar 30, 2024 9:49 pm

Was very surprised when Sexy fish opened in Manchester, cant seeing it ever coming to Cardiff.

£106 for a Wagyu steak or £215 for Beluga Caviar…

Andrew J

PostMon Apr 01, 2024 11:21 am

I didn't make it up and the source was reliable

jonnywill25

PostWed Apr 03, 2024 5:58 pm

Centre Update - April 2024

- Reiss are relocating from their unit on the Hayes (LG65) to the unit previously occupied by Ted Baker (LG25). They cite loss prevention and the requirement for a smaller unit as the main reasons for the move. Their new store is due to open on May 3rd.

- Hoardings have been erected around units LG24 (to be Sunamusk) and LG33 (previous Oasis). Charles Tyrwhit previously announced expansion plans that included Cardiff - LG33 would meet their usual size requirements.

- Dune have recently vacated unit LG37. It appears they’ve closed down with no plans to relocate.

- Hoardings have been erected around LG39 (to be Lounge Underwear). The store is due to open in May.

- Hoardings have been erected around UG33/34 (previous GAP). The unit is rumoured to be for Pull & Bear.

Simon_SW17

PostThu Apr 04, 2024 12:23 pm

jonnywill25 wrote:Centre Update - April 2024

- Reiss are relocating from their unit on the Hayes (LG65) to the unit previously occupied by Ted Baker (LG25). They cite loss prevention and the requirement for a smaller unit as the main reasons for the move. Their new store is due to open on May 3rd.

- Hoardings have been erected around units LG24 (to be Sunamusk) and LG33 (previous Oasis). Charles Tyrwhit previously announced expansion plans that included Cardiff - LG33 would meet their usual size requirements.

- Dune have recently vacated unit LG37. It appears they’ve closed down with no plans to relocate.

- Hoardings have been erected around LG39 (to be Lounge Underwear). The store is due to open in May.

- Hoardings have been erected around UG33/34 (previous GAP). The unit is rumoured to be for Pull & Bear.

There seems to be plenty of fit out activity including the ex Sports Direct for JD Sports. There is a large hoarding around the former Disney Store and Curry's, does anyone know what's planned here?

The John Lewis end of the upper Grand Arcade is still looking pretty desolate, is there something in the pipeline? I would have thought leisure/dining would be the only option. There was supposed to be a Byron opening a while back but then they went belly up.

jonnywill25

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 12:34 am

Pull & Bear confirmed for UG33/34. When the unit was leased to GAP, it provided 9,200 sq ft of retail space. Management roles are currently being advertised on Indeed.

Once open, Inditex brands will occupy 59,400 sq ft of retail space at St David’s.

St David’s will join Cabot Circus* (Bristol), St James Quarter (Edinburgh), Liverpool One (Liverpool), Westfield White City (London) and Westfield Stratford City (London) as the only UK shopping centre to house the 4 flagship Inditex clothing brands (Bershka, Stradivarius, Zara and Pull & Bear).

*Stradivarius opening later this year

redragon

PostMon Apr 15, 2024 11:35 am

I was in St Davids on the weekend and I have to say the top end near John Lewis isn't so bad as suggested. Yes there are a few empty units but one key one with hoarding up at the moment in the Apple Store (closed for refurbishment).

That said, I wonder if there is a reason why those remaining units aren't as appealing for potential tenants...

I was surprised to see the Welsh gift shop upstairs - St Davids have been very good at keeping high end/national tenants throughout and not bowing to 'poorer' brands like Queens Arcade/Capitol had begun to.

They have a little issue with food smells in the food court these days, which isn't surprising - burnt food though....!

All in all, though, very busy. Good to see.

Amoore

PostTue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 am

redragon wrote:I was in St Davids on the weekend and I have to say the top end near John Lewis isn't so bad as suggested. Yes there are a few empty units but one key one with hoarding up at the moment in the Apple Store (closed for refurbishment).

That said, I wonder if there is a reason why those remaining units aren't as appealing for potential tenants...

I was surprised to see the Welsh gift shop upstairs - St Davids have been very good at keeping high end/national tenants throughout and not bowing to 'poorer' brands like Queens Arcade/Capitol had begun to.

They have a little issue with food smells in the food court these days, which isn't surprising - burnt food though....!

All in all, though, very busy. Good to see.

I think I'm right in saying the upstairs units near John Lewis have been hacked to bits to make more room for the units on The Hayes, which might make them less appealing than when they were first built.

Simon_SW17

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 4:09 pm

The former Currys/Disney units are going to be a Superdrug, assumedly they'll leave the current Superdrug Beauty Bazaar unit a couple of doors down.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum