It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 6:40 am

St. Davids Shopping Centre

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Briz-Tim

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostSun Mar 12, 2017 6:43 pm

There's certainly potential to increase their men's clothing operation in Cardiff, which could see an increase in turnover from having a larger store, but given the high cost of rents and rates and other expenses -plus a weakened domestic market- it's definitely a risk.

jonnywill25

PostThu May 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Sadly it has been a rather dull year for the centre thus far! A new lettings map has eventually been released (after no update for 9 months). Unfortunately nothing exciting or new to report.

The old A|X Exchange unit is no longer in negotiations with Thaikhun according to the letting map, which is rather disappointing

The only things that some of you may find interesting is the fact a few units are now UNDER OFFER. I'll list the units in question beneath...

- Former Mango (LG40)
- Former Tinc (LG38)
- Former Fenchurch (LG35)
- Former Mothercare (UG01/02)

Simon_SW17

PostThu May 18, 2017 1:46 pm

I saw a planning app from Moss Bros. for a shopfront in SD (LG35?) the other week, otherwise it's been deathly quiet. Guessed that Thaikhun wasn't happening.

Has Byron started fit out yet?
Last edited by Simon_SW17 on Thu May 18, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonnywill25

PostThu May 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Simon_SW17 wrote:I saw a planning app from Moss Bros. for a shopfront in SD (LG35?) the other week, otherwise it's been deathly quiet. Guessed the Thaikhun wasn't happening.

Has the Byron started fit out yet?

Thaikhun confirmed they were opening in Cardiff back in February but as we all know, plans can fall through at the very final stage!

Last time I checked, Byron had not begun fit out. I haven't been past of recent, so that could very well have changed.

In other St. David's news, both Hollister and Red Hot World Buffet will be closing for refurbishment soon, with new store designs and shop fronts in the pipeline. A new Hollister facade should freshen up that side of the Upper Grand Arcade...

Interesting news about Moss Bros. acquiring LG35! It'll be nice to see this unit eventually occupied permanently... In my eyes it's a prime unit located opposite Superdry and Costa, so I'm surprised it has laid empty for so long! What I find more so interesting is the future of its unit on The Hayes. It's not a secret that property on the Hayes is sought after... Could we have an exciting retailer lined up for this prominent, two storey unit?
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum