It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:44 am

St. Davids Shopping Centre

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Mathew5

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Interestingly, no one has suggested that people actually overcoming materialism is a big factor in the decline of retail.

I can't even remember the last time I went into town to buy something. I've never bought clothes or food online, but I've found that as I've got older, I simply don't need as many things.

RandomComment

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 3:34 pm

I don't think is going to do that well...
a) Levels of disposable income are not massively high, on average
b) Even among those with plenty of disposable income, I don't think South Wales has a culture of people dressing their kids in expensive clobber. Its a thing I associate with the London hinterland (especially Essex) and the North West.
Think they would have done better going for an outlet in Bridgend too - selling some of their cheaper/older lines.

Jantra

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 3:38 pm

whilst I can only speak for myself, I will only dress my children in clothing I'd be prepared to wear myself. Now I do like labels such as Aquascutum, Crombie and Boss and if that is what I wear then that is also what my boys wear. Saying that I've not yet bought them anything form Victoria's Secret as that's my little vice :mrgreen:
I'd rather be no one than someone with no one.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum