It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am

St. Davids Shopping Centre

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Mathew5

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Interestingly, no one has suggested that people actually overcoming materialism is a big factor in the decline of retail.

I can't even remember the last time I went into town to buy something. I've never bought clothes or food online, but I've found that as I've got older, I simply don't need as many things.

RandomComment

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 3:34 pm

I don't think is going to do that well...
a) Levels of disposable income are not massively high, on average
b) Even among those with plenty of disposable income, I don't think South Wales has a culture of people dressing their kids in expensive clobber. Its a thing I associate with the London hinterland (especially Essex) and the North West.
Think they would have done better going for an outlet in Bridgend too - selling some of their cheaper/older lines.

Jantra

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 3:38 pm

whilst I can only speak for myself, I will only dress my children in clothing I'd be prepared to wear myself. Now I do like labels such as Aquascutum, Crombie and Boss and if that is what I wear then that is also what my boys wear. Saying that I've not yet bought them anything form Victoria's Secret as that's my little vice :mrgreen:

jonnywill25

PostFri Jul 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Superdry is currently closed for an extensive refurbishment of their 13,756 Sq Ft unit!

It includes the installation of a new shopfront on the left hand side of their unit which will be a dedicated entrance for Superdry Sport. The stores will interlink internally.

In the mean time, Superdry have opened a pop up shop in the Armani Exchange unit.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 12.11.26.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 12.11.26.png (219.68 KiB) Viewed 11176 times

Mikey

PostFri Jul 28, 2017 2:27 pm

A bit off topic but Superdry have also invested in Barkers Coffee the owner of which works for Superdry!

Simon_SW17

PostSat Jul 29, 2017 12:50 pm

An application for change the use of 15 Cathedral Walk to a MG Car Showroom has been granted, has been empty for 18 months. Unusual use for a mall unit.

Any news on Byron? I was home last weekend and there was no sign of life in the units it's taking.

RandomComment

PostSat Jul 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Updated lettings plan as of May:

https://www.intugroup.co.uk/media/4348/ ... g-plan.pdf

Shows Byron in there and a few other units in negotiations and/or solicitors hands. Can't find any job ads for Byron, Cardiff though. Perhaps they are delaying for some reason? (Although missing the summer would seem stupid).

Simon_SW17

PostSat Jul 29, 2017 2:03 pm

It's interesting to see the overall letting plans, it shows the actual occupancy is pretty good despite the large MSUs in the Grand Arcade that they can't shift. There are also a lot of empty units in negotiation and very few white available units.

Byron have recently announced a rationalisation of their estate so I wonder if Cardiff has been pulled?

RandomComment

PostFri Aug 04, 2017 11:18 am

Kurt Geiger is being replaced by Oliver Bonas.

http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-a ... APR_120820

Simon_SW17

PostFri Aug 04, 2017 4:18 pm

I'm not surprised that Kurt Geiger have called it a day, it always looks empty in there. Oliver Bonas will be a lot busier.

I'm amazed that Reiss is plodding on, also always looks dead.

The general manager job ad for Byron has been taken down, also can't find any staff job ads or anything on their website so looks like it's not happening.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum