It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 pm

St. Davids Shopping Centre

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

jonnywill25

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostTue Dec 30, 2014 12:18 pm

St. Davids lettings have been on the slow side this year, I hope 2015 is a lot busier in terms of store openings.

- Alba Rose Diamonds will be opening in the old Ollie & Nic store

- Tree Top Adventure Gold will be opening in the new year above Bose and Monsoon

- Tempest has opened in the old David & Goliath unit (Anyone know if this is a permanent or temporary letting?)

- My Cookie Dough has opened opposite USC and it has had a very successful December

I think St. Davids need to start attracting more high street brands into the centre rather than focusing on exclusive lettings.

Here are some stores that are popping up in centres across the UK that I think will work well in St. Davids.

1. Victoria Secret
2. COS
3. Michael Kors (Cardiff is crying out for a Michael Kors store after the brands recent success)
4. OPEN
5. Joy Clothing
6. Pull & Bear
7. Timberland
8. Foyles
9. American Apparel

Any other suggestions?

Welsh Cool

PostTue Dec 30, 2014 1:07 pm

I'd like to see Hotel Chocolat - I think would do better there than the Hayes - yes? No?
Seeing red, feeling blue! http://www.welsh.cool/ccfc.html

jonnywill25

PostWed Jan 21, 2015 5:51 pm

Some retail news!

Michael Kors are currently advertising jobs for a new Cardiff stand-alone store! Brilliant news for the women, not so much for us men :lol:

Not sure of it's store location, but it will probably be in St. Davids!

RandomComment

PostWed Jan 21, 2015 5:57 pm

I'd imagine so too - its pretty high end. One of the spare spaces in lower grand arcade (near Fossil?). Or could it be a small store taking up the former Ollie and Nic store?

Seems they do clothes as well

Karl

PostWed Jan 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Seems like Kamigata hair salon has either shut or is having a re-furb. I was always astonished that it was still going each time I went past. Big unit, big rent, lots of staff, not that many customers.

RandomComment

PostWed Jan 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Website down - so it might be closed down.

jonnywill25

PostWed Jan 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Kamigita went into administration on Monday and closed with immediate affect! Thats another large store laying empty now.

Here is a list of previously occupied units that are now vacant:

01. Hush Puppies (Upper Grand Arcade)
02. Gilly Hicks (Upper Grand Arcade)
03. G-Star (Upper Grand Arcade)
04. Calendar Club (Upper Grand Arcade)
05. Daisy & Jack (Upper Grand Arcade)
06. La Senza (Upper Grand Arcade)
07. DV8 (Upper Grand Arcade)
08. Kamigita Aveda (Lower Grand Arcade)
09. Jane Norman (Lower Grand Arcade)
10. Kingdom Of Sweets (Lower Grand Arcade)
11. Ollie & Nic (Hayes Arcade)
12. Other Clothing (Town Wall Arcade)
13. Shoe Zone (Town Hall Arcade)
14. Thomas Cook (Town Hall Arcade)
15. The Body Shop (St. Davids Way)
16. Holland & Barret (St. Davids Way)
17. Phones 4 U (Cathedral Way)
18. The Perfume Shop (Cathedral Way)
19. Old Guys Rule (Cathedral Way)

In total, I think there are 24 empty units in the whole of the centre! Unfortunately a lot of them are all in one place :| Upper Grand Arcade isn't looking good at all...

Karl

PostThu Jan 22, 2015 9:43 am

I've never understood the reasoning behind having a big city centre hairdressing salon. Big rent and rates and plus it's not that convenient. My in depth knowledge of the female psyche gleaned over decades of in depth study is that unlike us chaps they don't catch sight of themselves in a shop window, realise their barnet is getting out of hand and then go straight to the barbers.

They tend to book an appointment after reading umpteen magazines about what's hot or not, make sure they see their preferred stylist and then spend hours in the salon doing God only knows. Location is of no consequence and the fact that a salon is in the city centre really doesn't make a great deal of difference.

If I was setting up a salon (and it's not something I've thought about until now) I'd set it up somewhere accessible with free parking near by and the money I saved on rent and rates I'd use to employ good staff with a loyal following. I wouldn't set up in SD2 that's for sure.

Ash

PostThu Jan 22, 2015 10:51 am

Karl wrote: If I was setting up a salon (and it's not something I've thought about until now)

Oh go on, Karl. You know you want to! :lol:

Kyle

PostThu Jan 22, 2015 11:12 am

Ash wrote:
Karl wrote: If I was setting up a salon (and it's not something I've thought about until now)

Oh go on, Karl. You know you want to! :lol:

I'd offer my support but I'm lacking in hair on the top of my head I'm afraid. Open a shop selling hair clippers and you'll have my custom :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum