It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:27 am


St. Davids Shopping Centre

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

jonnywill25

  • Posts: 183
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Lets hope this is not more back news for the centre!

Apparently all 5 Jack & Jones | Vero Moda stores are closing in the coming months.

The Birmingham dual brand store is closing within the next 3 weeks... Do we know if anything is happening with the Cardiff dual brand store?

Only the dual brand stores are closing. The standalone Jack & Jones stores are staying open!!
Offline

Amoore

  • Posts: 240
  • Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 am

jonnywill25 wrote:That is unfortunately all the St Davids news for now. Centre is beginning to look quite bleak with the recent surge of store closures. JW.


Really? In your list the majority are store openings, relocations or refurbishments. Doesn't seem that bleak to me.
Offline

jonnywill25

  • Posts: 183
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 12:17 pm

Amoore wrote: Really? In your list the majority are store openings, relocations or refurbishments. Doesn't seem that bleak to me.


Lack of new brands entering the city and the upper shopping level is beginning to look cheap and depressing! Everyone has different opinions I guess!
Offline

Amoore

  • Posts: 240
  • Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 2:26 pm

jonnywill25 wrote:
Amoore wrote: Really? In your list the majority are store openings, relocations or refurbishments. Doesn't seem that bleak to me.


Lack of new brands entering the city and the upper shopping level is beginning to look cheap and depressing! Everyone has different opinions I guess!


It's not a matter of opinion when you say there's been a 'recent surge of store closures'. That's stating a fact, and pretty incorrectly judging by the list.
Offline

jonnywill25

  • Posts: 183
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 2:52 pm

You need to walk around the centre to see the amount of unoccupied prime units! That is all.
Offline

Amoore

  • Posts: 240
  • Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 4:02 pm

jonnywill25 wrote:You need to walk around the centre to see the amount of unoccupied prime units! That is all.


I'm baffled as to how you can post a long list of mainly positive developments and then end it on such a bleak note. "That is all."

Moving on, if the Jack & Jones unit is closing, I don't think it will be too difficult to fill as it's one of the best locations. Its close proximity to Eastside means it wouldn't be out of the question to have a food unit there either.

Jantra

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 4:10 pm

jonnywill25 wrote:You need to walk around the centre to see the amount of unoccupied prime units! That is all.


I was in there today and it seemed really busy and the upstairs doesn't look as bad as you're making out.
Offline

jonnywill25

  • Posts: 183
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 4:27 pm

I love the centre and I think it'a major asset for Cardiff and not once did I say it is not busy, however it is not attracting the same tenants as other major centres across the UK! The Bullring in Birmingham is having a huge surge of new stores opening and there is not a single unit un-let however I just find it concerning that there are particular units that have never been let in St. Davids!
Offline

Simon_SW17

  • Posts: 395
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostTue Jul 22, 2014 5:26 pm

jonnywill25 wrote:I love the centre and I think it'a major asset for Cardiff and not once did I say it is not busy, however it is not attracting the same tenants as other major centres across the UK! The Bullring in Birmingham is having a huge surge of new stores opening and there is not a single unit un-let however I just find it concerning that there are particular units that have never been let in St. Davids!


Overall the centre looks pretty healthy but there seems to be an issue with shifting some units on the Grand Arcade first floor. As you add in vacated units such as Gilly Hicks and the fact that Mothercare are trying to sell their lease, I wonder what the SD marketing team's plan is to fill it up?
Offline

MrJamesBrown

  • Posts: 34
  • Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:20 pm
  • Location: Cardiff

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostWed Jul 23, 2014 11:34 am

Bonmarché is opening its new store on Wednesday 30th July 2014 looking at the Centres facebook page
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests