It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:24 pm

Another question

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Another question

PostThu Dec 11, 2014 10:06 am

The land north of baysCape has been boarded off with lots of activity going on at the site. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Is it related to the IAW perhaps?

Shminky Binky

Re: Another question

PostThu Dec 11, 2014 11:00 am

Oh God, Bayscape again. I wonder if this will turn into another 10 pager. :lol:

LocalResident

PostThu Dec 11, 2014 11:47 am

Jantra wrote:The land north of baysCape has been boarded off with lots of activity going on at the site. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Is it related to the IAW perhaps?

I think they are building 95 houses/flats on the land. It's a Bellerophon scheme - the guys behind the proposal for the flats next to Morissions in the bay, and the large Dumballs Road Riverside scheme.
http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=dates&keyVal=_CARDIFF_DCAPR_100400

Good news if development will be starting on that soon. Not exactly amazing buildings, but will be nicer than the current use of the land.

As for Bayscape, I think the developers bought the council land (left of the footpath as walking from the bridge north towards the road). That doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but suggests the developers are still putting some money/effort into things. Surely 2015 we will hear something...please... :|

LocalResident

PostTue Dec 23, 2014 9:39 pm

Speaking of the proposed flats next to Morrisons at the ISV, I noticed today they have levelled out the ground and started putting up boarding there too. Guess they are going to do both developments in parallel.

http://formerly.cardiff.gov.uk/objview.asp?object_id=24636

LocalResident

Ash

PostWed Jan 14, 2015 11:38 am

I do wonder how long the Bay Morrisons will last. It's always been dead when I've been in there and with so many supermarkets in that part of the city I suspect it could be the first of the big hypermarkets to go. It's a big site and could be pretty valuable once the ISV is fully developed.

wizard

PostWed Jan 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Ash - we think alike! I immediately wondered yesterday whether that site is on the hit list of the 10 or so planned closures.

There are usually only about 3 manned check outs whenever I have visited that Morrisons store (compare that to Asda across the flyover which must be between 5 and 10 times busier).

Nickynoo

PostWed Jan 14, 2015 4:47 pm

The Bayscape has been awarded to Dawnus and is looking to start pretty soon
The Bellaphrone project has been awarded to Bougyues which I think is due to start shortly too

Jantra

PostWed Jan 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Bayscape?

Ash

PostWed Jan 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Jantra wrote:Bayscape?

Oh ye of little faith! I really don't undertand why you're so cynical about Bayscape, Jantra - you'll be doubting the Glass Needle next. ;)
Next

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum