It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 am

Cardiff Central Library Closing??

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Zach

Cardiff Central Library Closing??

PostWed Dec 24, 2014 2:41 pm

I was in the new Library and shocked that most of the books are gone!
Shelves are half empty.

Asked a member staff (when I found one) where the local history section was?
They said its on the top floor which is now closed due to bits falling off the roof!!

She said they will probably close it/sell it off next year, money was that short.

My guess is they will move into the old/old/old Library and the new/old library will become Selfridge's/Harvey Nicks
because the old/new/old library is now the foundations of SD2......

Or they could save money and use a tent and move it around the city every couple of years. :lol:

Ash

Re: Cardiff Central Library Closing??

PostWed Dec 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Labour Councillor Ralph Cook did call for it to close - but that call was dismissed by the adminstration. I know that the council advice centre in Marland House is due to move into the building. Maybe that's why they're moving stuff around.

As for money "being that short" - the cuts Welsh councils have had to implement are miniscule compared to what's happened in England. It's their dogmatic refusal to look at different ways of operating that's causing them problems.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum