It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 pm

Box City - Cardiff Bay -

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

sebcity

Re: Box City - Cardiff Bay -

PostFri Jul 28, 2017 11:29 am

Simon_SW17 wrote:It's not on Loft Co's project page on their website. If you Google search it you can find the page which I guess has been hidden.

What do we reckon then? Is that cause for concern? I was under the impression that this project was supposed to begin construction in 'autumn' whatever that actually means...

Simon_SW17

PostFri Jul 28, 2017 11:38 am

I guess it may be down to lack of interest from occupiers? Lack of cash? If it was going ahead they would be marketing the hell out of it.

sebcity

PostFri Jul 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Simon_SW17 wrote:I guess it may be down to lack of interest from occupiers? Lack of cash? If it was going ahead they would be marketing the hell out of it.

That's true, which is a shame, as this scheme would be great for cardiff! We'll just have to wait and see what happens...

Mikey

PostFri Jul 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Pizza Pronto recently put an image on Instagram stating they were closing their Cardiff bay place but would be reopening
in the Box city development in the not too distant future. It was posted on the 18th of July.

elgdav

PostFri Jul 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Seems crazy, their current location is far better.

RandomComment

PostMon Jul 31, 2017 11:07 am

I emailed the developers...

"Hi David , we are still hoping to go ahead but planning etc. is taking a while . We have had masses of interest from potential tenants who we have advised we will update nearer the end of this year and we are looking to complete mid 2018."

So its not dead, but the etc. could suggest that it is not only planning holding things up: finance? Technical issues? (e.g. the costs of keeping the containers cool in summer and warm in winter?).

sebcity

PostMon Jul 31, 2017 12:11 pm

RandomComment wrote:I emailed the developers...

"Hi David , we are still hoping to go ahead but planning etc. is taking a while . We have had masses of interest from potential tenants who we have advised we will update nearer the end of this year and we are looking to complete mid 2018."

So its not dead, but the etc. could suggest that it is not only planning holding things up: finance? Technical issues? (e.g. the costs of keeping the containers cool in summer and warm in winter?).

I'm glad to see they've had plenty of interest and that's not put off the developers. I'd imagine it's largely down to finance though, as often these things are. Surely the technical issues such as heating have been figured out from other box schemes in the UK
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum