It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

New tower of glass opposit the golden cross

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Peiriannydd

Re: New tower of glass opposit the golden cross

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Some drilling on site today. Glad to see the project going forward with the new team in place.

Kyle

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Peiriannydd wrote:Some drilling on site today. Glad to see the project going forward with the new team in place.

Is that likely to be exploratory drilling before a revised application?

Peiriannydd

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 4:47 pm

Kyle wrote:
Peiriannydd wrote:Some drilling on site today. Glad to see the project going forward with the new team in place.

Is that likely to be exploratory drilling before a revised application?

Not sure. The new consultant team are proposing a different foundation solution, so without knowing their plans I would hazard a guess that they're after further geotechinical information to firm up their designs. Either that or it's possibly the piling contractor doing further exploratory drilling. Or maybe issues relating to gas ground deposits or other contaminates.

Regardless, I would doubt anyone would spend money on the site unless something is moving forward. Watkin Jones are still talking about doing the tower, as are the design team, so perhaps we'll be seeing some action pretty soon.

As an aside, I am glad it going to be fully designed by people in Cardiff now. I think it's great for the city that projects like this are done locally.

Carlos

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Also I did get a twitter notification regarding a project managers job at Watkins jones, Cardiff where it specifically mentioned working on the tallest building in wales etc. So if they recruiting for it they must be progressing.

sebcity

PostTue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

Assuming there's no news on the progress / future of this tower as of present?

sebcity

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Almost a month later and I assume we’re at the same position?

Zach

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Every time I see this thread updated I think oooh...
But its usually someone asking if there is any progress... :roll:
I reckon it should be renamed the "Golden Bayscape"

On the subject of Bayscape, some of the new town houses had a very nice view and weren't overlooked for almost a year!

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostWed Aug 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Zach wrote:Every time I see this thread updated I think oooh...
But its usually someone asking if there is any progress... :roll:
I reckon it should be renamed the "Golden Bayscape"

Sorry Zach - No News!! :lol:

But It would be great to have an update on whether we should continue to look forward to this exciting Tower, or officially put it in the pie in the sky folder where it can snuggle up to the glass needle!

Whilst on the subject of waiting, it would be nice to see the latest on the bus station, john st (call sq), Callaghan square south side, Brains brewery plans, Capitol quarter, Westgate street, Cardiff rfc, Dumballs Rd - or am I just being impatient!!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

LocalLurker

PostWed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm

... add the Capitol and Hallinans House (Newport Road) to the list.

Kyle

PostWed Aug 23, 2017 4:42 pm

The JR Smart John Street plans were for HMRC, and as we know that's going to Central Square. I don't see why that site would continue as per the planning application unless there was a major job gain to the city or a major relocation by someone like L&G. J R Smart have plenty of previous for getting planning permission, then selling sites on or re-planning after changing their minds. I reckon they'll do something with the Number 5 plot before John Street, and I bet that will be another office instead of the residential tower..it's certainly what's on the billboards on site.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum