It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Bishop84

Re: General Developments

PostSat Oct 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Msmurf wrote:County Hall - No - This is just an excuse for Cardiiff Council to build themeselves another new set of offices

Was told by a friend who works at the council that they were in discussions to take the space above the new bus station as replacement offices if the County Hall option is taken - Not such how reliable that is!!

Lewisbeecham

PostSun Oct 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Bishop84 wrote:
Msmurf wrote:County Hall - No - This is just an excuse for Cardiiff Council to build themeselves another new set of offices

Was told by a friend who works at the council that they were in discussions to take the space above the new bus station as replacement offices if the County Hall option is taken - Not such how reliable that is!!

I immediately thought this. There's a few places in town they could go, which fills the need for tenants etc. It all makes sense.

Frank

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 10:32 am

The council office in Atlantic Wharf is abysmal. It still looks relatively new and solid from the outside though. Inside is just terrible though. Whoever designed the building should hang their head in shame.

A 15,000 arena? I'm troubled by Goodway's 'build it and they will come' attitude. And why does it require public funding? The response seems to be that we need to put Cardiff on the map as a European capital. The trouble is that this is a zero sum gain. Presumably every city should build uneconomic vanity projects to get ahead of their rivals?

Rhodri

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Goodway will ensure Council goes there. It's an easy win.

sebcity

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 8:12 pm

i'd be more than happy for the council offices to go above the bus station. The Atlantic Wharf site would be an ideal location for the arena, and would hopefully bring more life to the bay.

moyceyyy

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 12:28 am

sebcity wrote:i'd be more than happy for the council offices to go above the bus station. The Atlantic Wharf site would be an ideal location for the arena, and would hopefully bring more life to the bay.

This. We need more stuff to go between the CBD and the Bay.

Msmurf

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 8:28 am

Despite my original reaction and thoughts about Cardiff Council milking this proposal just to get some new offices, it actually does make a lot of sense, if as suggested CCC move in above the bus station. CBC gets new offices, Cardiff finally gets a bus station, the Bay and CBD get closer, Atlantic Wharf gets rejuvenated, AND we get huge new Arena.

I also agree with moving offices like CCC and HMRC out of the suburbs where they encourage car usage into the centre where they encourage public transport.

Now....about that metro....
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.

jones4891

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 4:11 pm

The student halls on Glossop Rd (CRI West Wing) will start piling by the end of the month according to a newsletter that was dropped through the door today. Artists impression still looking the same as can be seen on this news story from last year:

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/201 ... n-cardiff/

Mr Blue Sky

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 pm

jones4891 wrote:The student halls on Glossop Rd (CRI West Wing) will start piling by the end of the month according to a newsletter that was dropped through the door today. Artists impression still looking the same as can be seen on this news story from last year:

I guess that quite a few of us on here were born in the now-demolished building. Quite a few babies will probably be conceived in these halls. The circle of life continues.

moyceyyy

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 11:36 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
jones4891 wrote:The student halls on Glossop Rd (CRI West Wing) will start piling by the end of the month according to a newsletter that was dropped through the door today. Artists impression still looking the same as can be seen on this news story from last year:

I guess that quite a few of us on here were born in the now-demolished building. Quite a few babies will probably be conceived in these halls. The circle of life continues.

I laughed way too hard at this.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum