It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

Charles Street Mixed Use Development with Tower

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

sebcity

Re: Charles Street Mixed Use Development with Tower

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 8:53 pm

elgdav wrote:Core up to 19th floor now.

Walking down queen street and the building is already beginning to tower up high, I’m getting excited! Could we see Cardiff a mini Manhattan in the next 20 years? :D

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 11:54 pm

sebcity wrote:

Walking down queen street and the building is already beginning to tower up high, I’m getting excited! Could we see Cardiff a mini Manhattan in the next 20 years? :D

If we get the John St tower and of course customhouse tower (hope st), perhaps another 80, 90 or even 105m! tower for no.5 cap qtr, maybe 2 at Central Quay and hopefully Crawshay Court, then given the close proximity of these towers on a medium size British city level, our skyline will be pretty impressive! I love the idea of train visitors arriving at Cardiff Central and being somewhat surprised at the scale of the buildings they pass in the city centre. Mind you as it stands the train station itself will be a bit of a disappointment as they arrive in our metropolis!!

and approaching the city centre from the Bay via Lloyd George Ave...

But the fact we've got Bridge St and Herbert St actually under construction and shooting up is in itself enjoyable to watch, and just those two will make a great impact on our skyline.

Pretty exciting times for those of us that appreciate tall buildings!! :)
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

moyceyyy

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 12:45 am

Whats more interesting is that JR Smart have included the Hope St tower render in the renders of John St tower (above). Has that render even been released?

Kyle

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 7:39 am

moyceyyy wrote:Whats more interesting is that JR Smart have included the Hope St tower render in the renders of John St tower (above). Has that render even been released?

It just looks like the 40odd floor tower that's had planning approval that's been in the press to me. Is it any different then?

Kyle

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 7:43 am

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:
sebcity wrote:

If we get the John St tower and of course customhouse tower (hope st), perhaps another 80, 90 or even 105m! tower for no.5 cap qtr, maybe 2 at Central Quay and hopefully Crawshay Court, then given the close proximity of these towers on a medium size British city level, our skyline will be pretty impressive! I love the idea of train visitors arriving at Cardiff Central and being somewhat surprised at the scale of the buildings they pass in the city centre. Mind you as it stands the train station itself will be a bit of a disappointment as they arrive in our metropolis!!

and approaching the city centre from the Bay via Lloyd George Ave...

But the fact we've got Bridge St and Herbert St actually under construction and shooting up is in itself enjoyable to watch, and just those two will make a great impact on our skyline.

Pretty exciting times for those of us that appreciate tall buildings!! :)

We've also got the not so nice (in many an opinon) other tower going up at the Custom House itself if it gets through planning...and the couple of towers near the Dumballs road area on the periphery at the moment will feel a part of it all once the Central Quay project is completed.

Philnpt

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 am

And the tower going through planning at curran road, at 70odd meters I think

Lewisbeecham

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 am

Dolphin Quay and Fitzalan place also. Plenty going on.

It was only on the weekend when I was catching the train home to Cardiff and I thought the exact same thing. Tourists may be initially surprised and impressed at the development going on in the city at the moment. But the station itself is still in dire need of transformation. And for anyone flying in via Cardiff Airport, the first impression people get is that bumpy, narrow road through Barry.

All in good time, I hope.

Zach

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 4:28 pm

But the station itself is still in dire need of transformation

At least we still have a proper train station!

I had a good laugh at the improvised builders lights on the path between the Nation Express terminus in the park and the main road. It reminded me of a city that had a natural disaster and was something lashed up for a few weeks, instead of 5 years.

The lack of a bus station is a disgrace.

AlwaysBeBlue

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 10:26 pm

This is 27 floors not 24 ?

Cardiff

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 1:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum