It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 pm

Central Square

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Lewisbeecham

Re: Central Square

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 12:40 am

Wales Online is terrible for scare mongering which is bizzare considering it only covers Wales and it's very Cardiff centric.

We all knew it was delayed, but I'd rather it be delayed and done right than rushed and half arsed. This needs to be a quality bus station fit for purpose. Whilst I'm sure we can all agree it's been a bit of a mere but the council has done some good work lately for Cardiff and I'm feeling confident they will get this sorted by the new year.

Mr Blue Sky

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 9:02 am

Cwlcymro wrote:Bye bye Bus Station!

Cardiff is scrapping its bus station plan and starting again
The city has admitted that there will be no bus station before 2020

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... n-13817624

From the article

The former bus station was closed on August 1, 2015. At that time, there was talk of a replacement opening in 2018.

Since then, it has been besieged by delays.

Speaking at a full council meeting on Thursday, leader Huw Thomas said: "We've always been clear on our commitment to deliver a bus station north of the railway line and this demonstrates further progress on that commitment.

I think the “journalist” (Ruth Mosalski) meant to write “beset”!

Jantra

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 9:38 am

redragon wrote:Not at all.

The story is misleading and frankly, as much as you like him or not, goodway will get the deal done.

They are still aiming for a 2018 start. Victoria in London has taken years to be redeveloped and still isn't complete. It is not unusual.

this. like him or loathe him, Goodway is very adept at moving Cardiff forwards. I like the twin track idea of holding our for an inward investor who are looking at Cardiff as a location - hopefully this is not talk to make Rightacres drop the student led approach.

Zach

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 10:19 am

"Besieged by delays" is fine, you criticise Ruth unjustly!

Cwlcymro

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 12:28 pm

To be fair, if they end up with a better design than what the current one had become then it's worth a wait.

Mr Blue Sky

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Zach wrote:

"Besieged by delays" is fine, you criticise Ruth unjustly!

Beset is better and the more usual usage. Besieged is more metaphorical and idiomatic. I don’t like it. Clumsy language.

Zach

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 2:01 pm

Beset is better and the more usual usage. Besieged is more metaphorical and idiomatic. I don’t like it. Clumsy language.

Beset usually refers to an individual, i.e. my faith is beset with doubts.
Besieged is more of a communal adjective, which in this case as it refers to Cardiff council and the Bus station in general I think she is spot on in its use!!

Don't think there is anything clumsy.

No doubt you will dissagree :D

Msmurf

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 2:14 pm

murfilicious wrote:Those curved concrete corners are crying out for some Piccadilly Circus style wraparound LED boards:

Every time I see this photo, I wonder why they included a picture of a large penis..?
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.

Shminky Binky

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Msmurf wrote:
murfilicious wrote:Those curved concrete corners are crying out for some Piccadilly Circus style wraparound LED boards:

Every time I see this photo, I wonder why they included a picture of a large penis..?

Thanks for brightening up my Friday afternoon. I was feeling very tired in work and spinning around on my chair counting down the seconds until i get to the pub. This has perked me up. :lol:

Jantra

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 2:26 pm

Msmurf wrote:

if you can see a penis in that either you haven't got a normal looking knob or I need to get to specsavers
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum