It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:51 am

Central Square

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

moyceyyy

Re: Central Square

PostSun Nov 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Cardiff wrote:
Image20171110_102758 by Stephen Anstiss, on Flickr

The shiny underside of the roof of the BBC building looks absolutely gorgeous.

Cen

PostSun Nov 12, 2017 6:44 pm

moyceyyy wrote:Theres a new one at Capital Quarter so i doubt we will see another one.

I think the car park at Capital Quarter is exclusively for the people that work/live there.

Jantra

PostSun Nov 12, 2017 7:47 pm

Central station really does need an upgrade. As beautiful as it Is, it looks tiny

Lewisbeecham

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 12:38 am

Cen wrote:
moyceyyy wrote:Theres a new one at Capital Quarter so i doubt we will see another one.

I think the car park at Capital Quarter is exclusively for the people that work/live there.

Even if it was open to the general public, it's tucked away and a bit of a walk for people wanting to use the coach station / train station etc. The south side / Central Quay will need a multistory for sure.

moyceyyy

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 1:42 am

Jantra wrote:Central station really does need an upgrade. As beautiful as it Is, it looks tiny

Agreed. Slightly annoying that Network Rail won't be able to get it done until after 2020 (control period 6)

IF in the next 10 years we have a redeveloped Cardiff Central, a completed Central Square to the north, and to the south, most of the Central Quay, Cardiff will have one of the best, possibly THE best looking city centre outside London. The area surrounding the train station will look incredible.

I'm really impressed with the build quality of Central Square so far. JR Smart and their architectural clients are doing a superb job.

Jantra

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 9:38 am

JR smart are developing capital quarter. It's rightacres who are developing central square.

Your point still stands though

Lewisbeecham

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am

What's control point 6? Why can't they develop Cardiff Central until 2020?

jonbvn

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 10:34 am

Welcome to the Cardiff Central Wind Tunnel ;)

Jantra

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 am

Lewisbeecham wrote:What's control point 6? Why can't they develop Cardiff Central until 2020?

NR develop infrastructure in cycles. we are currently in control point 5...

Msmurf

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 12:07 pm

moyceyyy wrote:
Jantra wrote:Central station really does need an upgrade. As beautiful as it Is, it looks tiny

Agreed. Slightly annoying that Network Rail won't be able to get it done until after 2020 (control period 6)

IF in the next 10 years we have a redeveloped Cardiff Central, a completed Central Square to the north, and to the south, most of the Central Quay, Cardiff will have one of the best, possibly THE best looking city centre outside London. The area surrounding the train station will look incredible.

I'm really impressed with the build quality of Central Square so far. JR Smart and their architectural clients are doing a superb job.

For the first time ever, Cardiff Central will actually be worthy of its name!
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum