It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 am

Central Square

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Lewisbeecham

Re: Central Square

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Jantra wrote:
Lewisbeecham wrote:What's control point 6? Why can't they develop Cardiff Central until 2020?

NR develop infrastructure in cycles. we are currently in control point 5...

I see!

I hope the proposed plans go ahead as they were. I thought the plans were perfect. The only thing that confused me was where the car park is now is where a 'HQ' will be. What about the parking?

Msmurf

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 1:12 pm

Jantra wrote:
Lewisbeecham wrote:What's control point 6? Why can't they develop Cardiff Central until 2020?

Probably better if they used train not cycles.....
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.

Lyndon

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm

I've seen enough of the development now to come to the firm conclusion that No1 Central Square designed by unknown local lads Rio Architects is a considerably better looking building than No2, designed by "starchitects" Foster + Partners, who clearly phoned the whole thing in.

sebcity

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Lyndon wrote:I've seen enough of the development now to come to the firm conclusion that No1 Central Square designed by unknown local lads Rio Architects is a considerably better looking building than No2, designed by "starchitects" Foster + Partners, who clearly phoned the whole thing in.

I disagree. I think it all looks great so far. The only thing I 'm still not sold on is the massive brutalist concrete slabs on the BBC building. As one person suggested earlier, I think they'd be better suited with a large screen hooked up to new 24/7 on it or something :D

Jantra

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Msmurf wrote:
Jantra wrote:

Probably better if they used train not cycles.....

That might explain why punctuality is so poor

moyceyyy

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 12:36 am

Lewisbeecham wrote:
Jantra wrote:

I see!

I hope the proposed plans go ahead as they were. I thought the plans were perfect. The only thing that confused me was where the car park is now is where a 'HQ' will be. What about the parking?

Not to be the devils advocate here, but we should all by now be aware, that Cardiff Central's redesign will not look like that. Always take these first renders as an artists impression. The current renders are inaccurate and unrealistic. Although I'm sure when the time comes that CC will get a redevelopment, it will look great.

Msmurf

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 8:59 am

Cardiff Central Station is desparately in need of a major redevelopment - but which will almost certainly see a new station complex being built to the East of the existing Main entrance.

The new 'Main' entrance for all vehicle access, taxis, drop off etc will be on the South side - with North side for pedestrian access only.
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.

DaveE

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Bit of an update on HMRC, shame there is no committed date to get rid of St David’s House..

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/commercial-property/new-public-sector-hub-house-13900086

Jantra

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Is it 8 storeys or 12? The article says both

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 am

Jantra wrote:Is it 8 storeys or 12? The article says both

Yes that completely confused me! I had to read it twice to make sure I hadn't missed something. In the end I concluded that it was an error and in fact should read 12 storeys at the start of the article :roll:
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum