It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

NorthCityBoy

Re: General Developments

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi. Don’t post on here very often but I try and look in to keep abreast of what’s going on.
With the flurry of development currently going on in Cardiff, I can’t keep up with what’s what.

Am I correct in thinking that there are currently four towers (Charles St, Herbert St, Bute St and John St) either under construction or about to begin, that will all be taller than the current tallest in the Capital?

Lewisbeecham

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 8:15 pm

NorthCityBoy wrote:Hi. Don’t post on here very often but I try and look in to keep abreast of what’s going on.
With the flurry of development currently going on in Cardiff, I can’t keep up with what’s what.

Am I correct in thinking that there are currently four towers (Charles St, Herbert St, Bute St and John St) either under construction or about to begin, that will all be taller than the current tallest in the Capital?

Add in Fitzalan Place and two on Custom House Street (1 of which will be 42 stories and hold the record for tallest in Wales).

Bayscape is also worth mentioning.

Cardiff

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 10:58 pm

I went to see the christmas lights today, i think its one of the best years, but there were a few street entertainers that were a bit creepy, some looked straight out of a Jim Henson Labyrinth/Dark Crystal movie.

Lewisbeecham

PostMon Nov 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Nothing major, but I mentioned Huw Thomas (CCBC leader) on Twitter because of the comments made by Peter Kay for avoiding Cardiff on his upcoming tour. He replied almost instantly mentioning good progress for the new Cardiff Arena, news should be coming Jan / Feb.

moyceyyy

PostTue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 am

Good to know, thanks! WIll be nice for Cardiff to finally have that mid-sized arena.

Cen

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 6:22 pm

Interesting article about potential new developments of the city in general:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... d-13981923

Trust Wales Online to not bother providing a link to the published document though. Anyone have any ideas?

Update: This is all I can find. It says the strategy is published on www.cardiff.gov.uk but I can't see it anywhere...

http://www.cardiffnewsroom.co.uk/releases/c/17136.html
Last edited by Cen on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lewisbeecham

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Nothing really new in that article, it would be interesting to have a read of the document. A link would be welcomed!

Ash

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 7:59 pm

It's here - but in a rather confusing format. You have to click on each cabinet member in turn to see the plans for various schemes.

https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/Your-Council/Strategies-plans-and-policies/capital-ambition/working-for-you/Pages/default.aspx

Lewisbeecham

PostSat Dec 02, 2017 1:09 am

The Wales Online comments bring more laughs again. Most of the 'moans' have nothing to do with Cardiff Council.

johnsy

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Apologies if this crashes your device but I thought I'd post a highres update image showing the developing Cardiff skyline from Penarth. It was taken during the lovely golden sunrise last week.

View the larger sized image here. 15,159px × 1,600px.
https://garethjohnsphotography.co.uk/wp/wp-content/Cardiff-Bay.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum