It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

St. Davids Shopping Centre

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Simon_SW17

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 1:42 pm

The Chimichanga unit will be vacant soon as Prezzo are closing the whole chain. Was surprised to see that both Prezzo restaurants in Cardiff are to remain open, they must both be fairly busy.

jonnywill25

PostThu Apr 26, 2018 4:19 pm

Updated letting plans have been released! Nothing particularly exciting to report... Will summarise some updates below!

March 2018 Letting Plans - https://www.intugroup.co.uk/media/4968/ ... g-plan.pdf
March 2018 Leasing Brochure - https://www.intugroup.co.uk/media/4967/ ... ochure.pdf

MSU02 - In Negotiations

LG40 - Available (It appears Godiva won't be opening in Cardiff after all)

LG91 - Available

LG28/29 - Available (I wonder how far Byron got with the amalgamation with the unit above)

UG46/47 - In Negotiations

UG37 - In Negotiations

UG32 - In Negotiations

UG28 - Available

MSU06B - Available

MSU05 - Available

UG13/14 - In Negotiations

UG01/02 - In Solicitors Hands (Any ideas as to whom could be taking this unit? Its 12,228 Sq Ft)

KUG11 - Available

As Simon previously mentioned, ChimiChanga will be departing soon... Who could potentially take this unit?

RandomComment

PostThu Apr 26, 2018 6:05 pm

Interesting. I just looked at this yesterday and no updates. They must have sensed the interest from us geeks.

jonnywill25

PostSun Apr 29, 2018 1:31 am

Centre Update

- Skinny Dip are closing their store on the Hayes Arcade. Their final day trading will be May 8th. Designer watch brand Daniel Wellington are expected to open their 5th UK store from this unit (KLG04). This will be the brands first UK venture outside of London.

- Yankee Candle are rumoured to be opening in unit LG91, which is the unit previously occupied by Crocs.

RandomComment

PostTue May 01, 2018 11:48 am

jonnywill25 wrote:March 2018 Leasing Brochure - https://www.intugroup.co.uk/media/4967/ ... ochure.pdf

I just read this. My opinion on marketing/comms people has taken a knock recently after seeing some shoddy work (not where I work incidentally). But this is pretty shocking given this is an asset worth upwards of £600 million.

Here are some quotes:
brochure wrote:A new train station has been
confirmed for Bow Street, Wales and
a total investment of £3.95m from the
Department for Transport which is set
to be complete by March 2020.

First of all, that sentence isn't proper English. Second, why are they telling us about a small station in Ceredigion, around 100 miles or so from Cardiff?

brochure wrote:Works are progressing on phases
two and three of the 265,976 sq ft
scheme which will include a new
£120m headquarters for BBC
Cymru Wales, and are scheduled
for completion by 2018

Erm, what scheme? I know what it is, but the brochure just says this without saying the scheme...

brochure wrote:After 10 years of deliberation, Cardiff’s
bus station plans have been approved
and works are due to start in April 2018.
The mixed use development is set to
include a 14-stand bus station, retail
space as well as offices and apartments.

Who on earth thought it would be good in a marketing brochure to talk about 10 years of deliberations being required for a bus station?

Did noone at Intu spot this? Noone at St Davids management team? Its just shoddy and if I were an investor at Intu, I'd be disappointed. And a manager, ashamed.

Cwlcymro

PostWed May 02, 2018 5:50 pm

RandomComment wrote:
brochure wrote:A new train station has been
confirmed for Bow Street, Wales and
a total investment of £3.95m from the
Department for Transport which is set
to be complete by March 2020.

First of all, that sentence isn't proper English. Second, why are they telling us about a small station in Ceredigion, around 100 miles or so from Cardiff?

What the hell? That's got to be the weirdest quote ever! How on Earth is a station outisde Aberystwyth of any relevance! That's just plain bizzare!

jonnywill25

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Some exciting news for the Upper Grand Arcade!

Following the successful arrival of Stradivarius, Inditex are opening their sixth UK Bershka store in Cardiff. At present Bershka currently operates four stores in London and one in Brighton. Bershka is one of Inditex's key facias in Europe and is most certainly a coup for Cardiff.

A planning application has been submitted for the unit previously occupied by Mothercare (UG01/02). A great location for the brand directly opposite Stradivarius and alongside New Look & H&M!

Sadly, Bershka will not be making use of the Mezzanine floor and therefore the store will be over one level.

LandSec/Intu have done a great job developing their relationship with Inditex in order to secure these brands in Cardiff. It would be great to see a Zara Home store in one of the units outside John Lewis on the Upper Grand Arcade and potentially Pull & Bear in the unit once occupied by DV8.

Kyle

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 4:47 pm

That's great news. Their clothes are very affordable as well, so it'll be interesting to see how they do in Cardiff.

Pull & Bear next if Berksha does well? In Dubai they have both right next to or close to each other in most Malls.

jonnywill25

PostTue Jun 26, 2018 1:28 pm

The lease for unit LG39 (Fossil) is currently being advertised. The unit comprises of 2,179 sq ft of retail space and there's 5 years left on the lease. The adjoining unit LG40 (which Godiva was once negotiating) is also still available.

jonnywill25

PostWed Sep 19, 2018 10:22 am

Mountain Warehouse owned stationary retailer 'Neon Sheep' are opening their fourth U.K store in Cardiff on October 12th in the unit previously occupied by Ecco (Unit 30 - St. David's Way).

Ecco are apparently relocating to the Upper Grand Arcade. No unit conformation thus far, however I'm assuming they'll either occupy UG32 or UG28...
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum