It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Cardiff

Re: General Developments

PostWed May 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Errgh, trading estate office block. I thought the idea was to bring business and people together in the city/town centers and not have out of town sprawl? With the office development in Ponty you would think there were other sites close to the town center that could have accommodated this?

Bishop84

PostWed May 02, 2018 6:27 pm

With the DWP moving from their site next to the Heath Hospital to Nantgarw I wonder what will replace it? If the UK government are going to Central Square I doubt if another department will take over the site. Possibility for an extension to the UHW Heath Hospital (if needed), housing or something else?

Ash

PostWed May 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Bishop84 wrote:With the DWP moving from their site next to the Heath Hospital to Nantgarw I wonder what will replace it? If the UK government are going to Central Square I doubt if another department will take over the site. Possibility for an extension to the UHW Heath Hospital (if needed), housing or something else?

I should imagine the UHW will grab it with both hands. The Heath site is very constrained by now and with the city's projected population growth they're going to need more land at some stage.

Lyndon

PostWed May 02, 2018 9:30 pm

Ash wrote:
I should imagine the UHW will grab it with both hands. The Heath site is very constrained by now and with the city's projected population growth they're going to need more land at some stage.

Even if they just built another car park there that would be a huge advance. :lol: :lol:

I'd imagine Cardiff Uni School of Medicine will be eyeing it up. Welsh Government wants a site for a genomics centre of excellence too.

LocalResident

lucky

PostThu May 10, 2018 5:37 pm

The illustration suggests they might be getting rid of the Masefield poem sculptures currently scattered across the buildings, that link to the poem by Cadwalladers. That would be sad (not to mention ruining many a school project on a day out in the Bay). I love the little artistic touches around the Bay.

Ash

PostThu May 10, 2018 6:44 pm

It's not really clear if the Cargoes artworks are going from the renders. Hopefully not.

A spruce up is desperately overdue though. MQ feels shabby and very dated although, judging by occupancy, it's doing well. I think only the old Strada unit is empty at the moment

DaveE

Simon__200

PostFri May 11, 2018 8:40 am

Ash wrote:It's not really clear if the Cargoes artworks are going from the renders. Hopefully not.

A spruce up is desperately overdue though. MQ feels shabby and very dated although, judging by occupancy, it's doing well. I think only the old Strada unit is empty at the moment

Can't say I agree. Most of the restaurants seem to have been snapped by the same chain. Strada, one of the better ones IMHO, has gone, that coffee shop has gone and the building even disappeared, even the Juboraj Indian restaurant has now closed.

Certainly a Sprite up is long overdue,but the illustration shown looks exactly the same to me. I don't get what it is they're planning that requires planning permission.

Cwlcymro

PostFri May 11, 2018 10:05 am

Simon__200 wrote:Certainly a Sprite up is long overdue,but the illustration shown looks exactly the same to me. I don't get what it is they're planning that requires planning permission.

That's what I was thinking!
By the way, what exactly is the issue that requires that huge ramp thing outside Salt?
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum