It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

Cardiff Blues European Challenge Cup Winners

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

paul cardiffwalesmap

Cardiff Blues European Challenge Cup Winners

PostFri May 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Wow what a game!! An incredibly important kick by Gareth Anscombe sealed an amazing 31-30 victory over Gloucester with a minute to go in Bilbao. The Cardiff Blues have just been getting better and better this season and now have something to show for their dramatic improvement. They were almost down and out of this game at half time - but came on in the 2nd half and just went for it! It's all good tonight - time to celebrate, but I'm sure a big part of their success is down to head coach Danny Wilson - and that was his last game in charge :shock: Now if he were staying then surely the Blues would've started next season where they left off tonight. I just hope that the new man in charge is able to capitalise on a great team that he will inherit. I don't know that much about the issues behind Danny Wilson leaving but believe it was connected to him not having the backing he was originally assured of by the clubs hierarchy? Oh well, let's hope it all works out OK but this could've been the start of the region finally punching at it's weight, instead of below it as they've done for far to long. Nevertheless the victory tonight will be a great boost and with a bit of luck they can get the niggles at Cardiff Arms Park sorted and thoughts of re-development of that famous ground may get back on track? Plenty of food for thought, but tonight it's a massive congratulations to the team :) absolutely BRILLIANT!!

CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Cwlcymro

Re: Cardiff Blues European Challenge Cup Winners

PostSat May 12, 2018 7:34 pm

Brilliant game with such a dramatic ending! When he missed the conversion it seemed so near so far! I really hope the new coach can keep moving them forward, it's been a long road since the days of a Heineken Semi Final!

Now to sort out the stadium issues, and for the Dragons to start improving down the road!

MattW

PostMon May 14, 2018 9:10 am

Was down at the fan zone in the arms park for this - what a range of emotions I went through. Place was absolutely bouncing by the end. What a game!

moyceyyy

PostTue May 15, 2018 11:35 pm

This was so good. Great week for Cardiff Sport.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum