It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

Cardiff restaurants and cafes

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

jonnywill25

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostWed Apr 11, 2018 12:02 pm

The Hashery restaurant on High Street is closing down. The unit is back up for rent...

daearegwr

PostWed Apr 11, 2018 12:21 pm

jonnywill25 wrote:The Hashery restaurant on High Street is closing down. The unit is back up for rent...

Closed a few weeks back I think - there was notice of repossession on the front door when I walked past. Only visited once when it was open and they didn't really offer anything different to the myriad of other burger and cocktail places in town.

Lewisbeecham

PostThu May 03, 2018 3:46 pm

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/ ... wales_main

I like this idea a lot, could it work? I would hope so.

RandomComment

PostThu May 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Lewisbeecham wrote:https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/street-food-market-plans-cardiffs-14609345?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wales_main

I like this idea a lot, could it work? I would hope so.

I thought this was a good idea too. It would be a bit of a destination in a way that a stand alone restaurant would struggle to be (I don't think Cardiff is affluent enough to support that sort of destination restaurant that can take on such a big site).

My only concern is whether it would feel a bit claustrophobic given how low the ceilings look (perfectly fine from a practical point of view, but maybe difficult for the 'food stall' vibe).

I was somewhat surprised they decided to carve the unit up floor by floor rather than vertically: its got to be something to do with the listed building status?

MattW

PostFri May 04, 2018 9:53 am

The main problem with that unit is the fact it is on a top floor with no way of seeing in to catch peoples attention or to check if it is busy, just a small side door.

Saying that, the Cosy Club doesn't seem to struggle in attracting people.

Lewisbeecham

PostFri May 04, 2018 10:17 am

Street food is a thing these days, the word of mouth will quickly spread. Before you know it it'll be highly rated on Trip Advisor and tourists will flock there, as its appealing, especially if your in a group who want different things. Throw in a craft beer stall and they're on to a winner.

MattW

PostFri May 04, 2018 11:55 am

True. If it does come off, hopefully it will have the feel/look of the Time Out market in Lisbon which is an amazing place!

Owen

PostFri Jun 15, 2018 5:50 pm

"Reminded of buzzing Barcelona after a trip to big hearted Cardiff"
https://www.theguardian.com/discover-th ... to-cardiff

Simon_SW17

PostFri Jun 15, 2018 6:36 pm

Owen wrote:"Reminded of buzzing Barcelona after a trip to big hearted Cardiff"
https://www.theguardian.com/discover-th ... to-cardiff

It's a nice piece concentrating on all the niche, independents. It portrays a great picture of Cardiff although as it's paid content maybe a bit too rosy. No mention of the Spoons or all the Greggs ☺️

Ash

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 11:32 am

Eat has closed its branch in Saint Davids. Can't say I'm surprised. It always was a poor man's Pret!
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum