It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

Porth Teigr

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

Re: Porth Teigr

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 6:41 am

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:Oh God, HMS Cambria has been downgraded again!!! :lol:

Looks like an improvement to me Paul, not sure what you mean :lol:

Cardiff

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 11:08 am

RandomComment wrote:
Its not the Navy building - thats part of the docks itself. Could it be to do with the bay beach, which is moving over this way?

Isnt HMS Cambria going top right of the picture by the swing bridge and roundabout?

I think that Igloo are sitting on the land for it to raise in value, properties around here have gone up significantly in price recently. There is definately a market for the houses and apartments they have planning permission for in the eastern part of Porth Teigr.

Simon_SW17

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 12:10 am

There must be a good reason for this not being developed for years, it doesn't seem like a tall order to put in some apartments, a small hotel or attract some more media companies right next to BBC.

The bit with the graving dock opposite the ex Dr. Who Experience was supposed to be the Box Park but that seems to have died a death. There are 2 shipping containers which house a coffee shop which seems a bit if an under achievement!!

RandomComment

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Loftco wrote: Hi , we are no longer proceeding with this project .

Kind regards,

Loftco

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:11 PM
To: enquiries@loftco.net
Subject: Cardiff Box City

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm emailing in a personal rather than professional capacity. I was
wondering if plans for Cardiff Box City are still progressing? Its been
quite a long while since plans were announced and there has been no news
about the exciting project for such a long time. I'd be interested in
any information that is available.

cheers,
David

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 3:17 pm

RandomComment wrote:
Loftco wrote: Hi , we are no longer proceeding with this project .

Kind regards,

Loftco

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:11 PM
To: enquiries@loftco.net
Subject: Cardiff Box City

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm emailing in a personal rather than professional capacity. I was
wondering if plans for Cardiff Box City are still progressing? Its been
quite a long while since plans were announced and there has been no news
about the exciting project for such a long time. I'd be interested in
any information that is available.

cheers,
David

Thanks for sharing that on here - much appreciated! :)

What a shame that this is no longer going to happen! would've added some great interest to that part of the Bay :|
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

HalRobsonKanu

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 3:22 pm

That is a shame as it could have been a really exciting project that might have added some character and edge to the Bay, as well filling in another gap (of which there are still so many - despite the regeneration of the Bay having been in progress for over 30 years).

The one reservation that I had about this was always whether concentrating so much street food and independent restaurant and bar provision in one place would have been to the detriment of the rest of the Bay and the city as a whole. I wonder how long The Depot would have lasted if this had gone ahead, for example.

Mr Blue Sky

PostFri Jul 06, 2018 10:48 am

There’s a new cafe, constructed from shipping containers, on the barrage - Cafe Hafren. It is owned by the RSPB but run by the people who own Foxys Deli in Penarth. It has fantastic views of both the sea and the bay. I ate breakfast there last Saturday and it was very good, if a little pricey.

We’d intended to eat in Compass Coffee in Penarth Marina but it was rammed at 930 am! So we strolled over to Cafe Hafren and we were the only customers during the whole time we ate. It is quite a large space and nicely designed. For those of you wishing to eat in a container down the bay I recommend that you give Cafe Hafren a whirl.

Bluegazza

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 7:03 pm

I was down the bay earlier for the food festival and it looked like they were doing a new path made of white stone across from the bbc studios from the glo works.

Not sure if it was a path or cycle path? but i think this is the activity no exciting development.

Cardiff

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 8:01 pm

with all that land you think they would either use it for car parking or grass it over for wildlife, as htey are supposed to be all about the green energy.

Ash

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Bluegazza wrote:I was down the bay earlier for the food festival and it looked like they were doing a new path made of white stone across from the bbc studios from the glo works.

Not sure if it was a path or cycle path? but i think this is the activity no exciting development.

The BBC are offering tours of the Roath Lock studios during the Eisteddfod. Maybe something to do with that?
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum