It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Cardiff

Re: General Developments

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 10:29 am

I think there were plans for private apartments here, not too keen on the design though it is at the moment an out of the way location.

Lewisbeecham

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 6:23 pm

What are they building next to the Senedd in Cardiff Bay? There's a big sign for a new 'head office' with a CGI imagine. Looks very similar to the Atradius building.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 7:02 pm

Lewisbeecham wrote:What are they building next to the Senedd in Cardiff Bay? There's a big sign for a new 'head office' with a CGI imagine. Looks very similar to the Atradius building.

Nothing is the direct answer! If it's the sign it sounds like then it's been there as long as the Senedd itself! I'm sure that plot will be occupied eventually but quite possibly with a completely different proposal.
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Bluegazza

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Yes i think it is an advert for what a company could do with the land for a HQ building.

Lewisbeecham

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 7:59 pm

Well that's dissapointing. I've spent the last two days down the Bay, it's such a nice area but there's so much potential to do more with it.

Any sign of Dolphin Quay coming back? Ha

Ash

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 8:54 pm

It seems to me that the pendulum swings back and forth between the city centre and the bay when it comes to development. Most of the action seems to be around the city centre at the moment although there are a few things going on in the bay such as the Premier Inn and HSBC developments.

Bluegazza

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 11:39 pm

You can really see the look of the portholes on the premier inn now, the size of it really fills in the space well I like the look of it.

Should add to footfall down the bay once completed.

Bluegazza

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 11:42 pm

On another note the Dr Who Building is starting to look really unloved if it's not to be used should they take it down? Or let world of boats use it or a visistor centre like the white tube years ago whatever happened to that?

Cardiff

PostMon Jul 09, 2018 9:03 am

Premier Inn is looking OK, i am not sure how a fully tiled building is going to look, and the Premier Inn signage might bring the look of it down.

The old Doctor Who tent is going to be used for the Eisteddfod

HalRobsonKanu

PostMon Jul 09, 2018 9:25 am

Very good question about the tube. For anyone who grew up in Cardiff during the 80s and 90s this was a truly iconic structure.

Bluegazza wrote:On another note the Dr Who Building is starting to look really unloved if it's not to be used should they take it down? Or let world of boats use it or a visistor centre like the white tube years ago whatever happened to that?
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum