It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

What's that boy? Activity at the Ely Mill?

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: What's that boy? Activity at the Ely Mill?

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 6:12 pm

The best new builds I have seen are on pencisely road at the back on Thompson's park. Fits in with the rest of Canton

LINK

Lyndon

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Those are awful, generic crap, particularly when you remember we were promised a "21st century eco-village" at one point.

jones4891

PostWed Jul 12, 2017 8:02 pm

The houses at the front that you can see in that picture are the cheapest 2 bed properties they are offering. They are closest to the dairy (which has deliveries coming and going at night apparently) so that's where the market dictates that the cheapest houses go unfortunately. The more expensive 3-bed houses and townhouses will be set further back in the development, closer to the Ely River and Sanatorium Park. I'm told that there will be a mixture of styles with some houses being brick and others being rendered. They will be mixed in with more affordable housing and there will also be a substantial social housing element integrated into the scheme. As far as I can tell it will be fairly mixed and hopefully not too 'ghettoised'. Phase 1 of the development will be completed by the end of this year with phase 2 starting in 2018, the first part of which will be an apartment block on Sanatorium Road.

Frank

PostSun Jul 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Not much attention on this. Driving through Canton to Culverhouse Cross you can't miss the new road going in. There appears to be activity on site. Anyone know anything more?

jones4891

PostSun Jul 29, 2018 9:14 pm

Lovell will be on site for 5 years gradually working their way from the Canton end to the Ely end of the site. The new road won't be open for a while yet. Houses are selling well, apartments a little more slowly last I heard. It's a nice neighborhood. Quiet yet close enough to Canton and Cowbridge Rd. Not much more to report!

Ash

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 9:37 pm

jones4891 wrote:Lovell will be on site for 5 years gradually working their way from the Canton end to the Ely end of the site. The new road won't be open for a while yet.

Am I right in thinking that the new road is for buses and active travel only?

As I understand it private vehicle access is via Sanatorium Road / Broad Street only. that could prove horrendous.

jones4891

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 9:55 pm

I'm not sure what active travel is but what we have been told is that residents in the west side of the development will have access using the new road and those on the east side will continue to use Sanatorium/Broad St. There has been talk of enforcement by a camera system of some sort in the middle of the estate which was a condition of planning by the council. The only vehicles that will be allowed to pass through will be buses. This is all word of mouth and a few years off yet though.

Ash

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 10:40 pm

'Active travel' is bikes and walking. Sorry for the jargon.

Frank

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 11:20 am

If they don't want through traffic why not just do a cul de sac?

Simon__200

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 5:13 pm

I was kind of assuming there would be a new main road through the estate taking pressure off Sanatorium Road. Oh well.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum