It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am

Cardiff Arms Park

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Peiriannydd

Re: Cardiff Arms Park

PostTue May 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Can we just stick to talking about developments? Sport is a bit like politics on this forum: toxic! I don't really care what people think about different sports or which one they think is more popular or which sport should be Wales' no.1 sport. Personally I don't understand why someone can't enjoy more than one sport. But hey, everyone is different...

What we should focus on is that a group of people want to kickstart a major development involving a mixed-use sporting venue that could also transform the riverside end of the Arms Park and a major development to Westgate St. Given the dimensions required for the pitch, it could benefit both rugby and football. More than that, if we're talking about a retractable pitch and large space for say a convention centre, who is say it couldn't be used for other things like badminton, tennis, gymnastics, boxing. Would do a lot for our chances of hosting other sporting events or dare I suggest the Commonwealth Games.

moyceyyy

PostWed May 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Peiriannydd wrote:Can we just stick to talking about developments? Sport is a bit like politics on this forum: toxic! I don't really care what people think about different sports or which one they think is more popular or which sport should be Wales' no.1 sport. Personally I don't understand why someone can't enjoy more than one sport. But hey, everyone is different...

What we should focus on is that a group of people want to kickstart a major development involving a mixed-use sporting venue that could also transform the riverside end of the Arms Park and a major development to Westgate St. Given the dimensions required for the pitch, it could benefit both rugby and football. More than that, if we're talking about a retractable pitch and large space for say a convention centre, who is say it couldn't be used for other things like badminton, tennis, gymnastics, boxing. Would do a lot for our chances of hosting other sporting events or dare I suggest the Commonwealth Games.

Agreed. If you dont like rugby union and prefer football, then thats fine, but please.. shut the fuck up. I dont care what is the no1 sport in Wales. If you enjoy one or both, that is fine.

On a better note, the Cardiff Blues takeover is really interesting. I would imagine they will want to rotate CAP and then re-do glanmors gap for a higher capacity and have a bowl stadium or re-model the outside so it looks nicer.

LocalLurker

PostWed May 10, 2017 11:13 pm

moyceyyy wrote:
Agreed. If you dont like rugby union and prefer football, then thats fine, but please.. shut the fuck up. I dont care what is the no1 sport in Wales. If you enjoy one or both, that is fine.

On a better note, the Cardiff Blues takeover is really interesting. I would imagine they will want to rotate CAP and then re-do glanmors gap for a higher capacity and have a bowl stadium or re-model the outside so it looks nicer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chill out child, egg chasing will eat itself here. There will be 2 teams soon enough as Wales can't support more than that. Considering they have been trying to kill off football here for decades, it's nice seeing it wallow.

Anyway as for the CAP, it's redevelopment is positive for the city. Cardiff needs it's own conference centre and an indoor arena which can hold 15,000 as Brizzle will have one soon enough. Peter Pies at least is doing the right thing now 8-) Shame nowt will be done about Glanmors Gap, it will cost far more to remedy than it will generate so even though aesthetically it makes sense to rectify, financially it simply doesn't.

Peiriannydd

PostWed May 10, 2017 11:25 pm

There are technical reasons for fixing Glanmor's Gap, as the concrete from the old stadium is of poor quality and is deteriorating.

Brizzle's indoor arena has stalled again with the prefered contractor pulling out. People are getting quite fed up with it.

HalRobsonKanu

PostThu Aug 16, 2018 9:05 am

Beginning to wonder whether we'll all be dead before anything happens here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45173482

Rhodri

PostWed Aug 22, 2018 4:42 pm

It's crunch time for CAP.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum