It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

Cardiff airport

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

Re: Cardiff airport

PostThu Aug 23, 2018 6:09 pm

halfnhalf wrote:did an expedia search for qatar flight from cardiff and it was 20 quid cheaper than london
on expedia it shows you the seat preview
london half full and cardiff only a handfull of seats taken
maybe some here are scared of flying with qatar
do they even serve beer

Why wouldn't they serve beer?

And why would you be scared to fly with Qatar Airlines?

Ash

PostThu Aug 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Kyle wrote:Why wouldn't they serve beer?

To be fair to the op, some Gulf based airlines don't serve alcohol.

Qatar isn't one of them, but it's not an unreasonable question for people to ask.

Simon_SW17

PostThu Aug 23, 2018 9:49 pm

halfnhalf wrote:did an expedia search for qatar flight from cardiff and it was 20 quid cheaper than london
on expedia it shows you the seat preview
london half full and cardiff only a handfull of seats taken
maybe some here are scared of flying with qatar
do they even serve beer

When the story ran recently about the Qatar CEO being disappointed with the Cardiff route, Cardiff Airport reported that in the previous month something like 1500 out of 1700 seats had been sold. Doesn't seem too bad to me.

Msmurf

PostFri Aug 24, 2018 12:27 am

While I disagree with the general tone of H&H (Qatar airways is one of the top airlines in the world and has won awards fir its food and drink service inc beer) - I used it in August and the flight was only 60-70% full. This was in peak season and I think it will not survive more than 6 months on those figures.
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.

Lewisbeecham

PostFri Aug 24, 2018 4:47 am

Qatar won't bin the route, it's doing too well on cargo, and it's only been running a few months. Towards next year I could potentially see them changing aircraft from a 787 to something slightly smaller, but I definitely don't see them getting rid of the route. It's something Qatar just doesn't do. And as we've all said passenger numbers aren't the important figure, it's the yield. Depends how many people are paying the full J and Y fares. And obviously the cargo is a factor too.

When I flew on the inagural, my connection from Doha to Singapore had 42 people on it. That was an Airbus A380! (Seats almost 300).

The July CAA stats should be released soon.

Ash

PostFri Aug 24, 2018 8:57 am

I tend to agree with Lewis that Qatar won't bin the route as their strategy is clearly to offer the maximum number of direct connections from Doha. For instance, they fly to smaller Australian cities like Adelaide and Canberra as well as the Sydney /Melbourne /Perth options offered by most of the major airlines.

The main danger, I suspect, is that they might switch to Bristol in an attempt to boost numbers. That's happened with one or two services in the past.

Cwlcymro

PostFri Aug 24, 2018 12:49 pm

halfnhalf wrote:again my main reason never to fly with qatar is the human rights issues sharia law stoning and flogging are legal in qatar
maybe the assembly could take this into mind with a 1 million quid rather than commenting on brexit every few days

21 years into devolution and there are still people who can't seem to separate the Assembly and the Welsh Government. Whether you applaud the decision to financially support Qatar Airways or oppose it, your praise/criticism is atbthe Welsh Government not the Assembly as a whole.

We don't blame the whole Houses of Parliament for every decision Theresa May and her cabinet makes, we blame the government.

HalRobsonKanu

PostFri Aug 24, 2018 4:12 pm

It's rather fitting, in a discussion on aviation, to see a point fly quite so far above someone's head.

jones4891

PostFri Aug 24, 2018 4:43 pm

HalRobsonKanu - you sir win the internet today :lol: :lol:

Cwlcymro

PostFri Aug 24, 2018 4:50 pm

HalRobsonKanu wrote:It's rather fitting, in a discussion on aviation, to see a point fly quite so far above someone's head.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum