It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

Capital Quarter - Plot 5

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

Re: Capital Quarter - Plot 5

Mikey

PostMon Oct 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Lots of information about the copper coloured bits so hopefully it'll actually look like that image Instead of the red stuff on that new student tower.
Last edited by Mikey on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostMon Oct 08, 2018 4:43 pm

Great find Kyle! plenty for us to get our teeth into there! I notice that it's about the same height as it's Herbert St neighbour (80m) whereas the original proposal approved in 2016 for this plot was around 70m I believe. Oh well I'm going back for a more in depth look! :geek: :)
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Cen

PostMon Oct 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Several mentions of “copper”. They’ve made their bed now! :lol:

RandomComment

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 10:23 am

Also confirmation that the lounge/bar on the top floor is for residents only. I guess with 300 flats, they could have 500 or so residents. If 5% went there of a weeknight and 15% of a weekend, and spent £10 a head, they could probably staff it. But I'm not sure people really would I reckon it will become a communal space paid for by the service charge, where people bring up their own drinks and stuff to eat, to enjoy the views.

Lewisbeecham

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 12:20 pm

RandomComment wrote:Also confirmation that the lounge/bar on the top floor is for residents only. I guess with 300 flats, they could have 500 or so residents. If 5% went there of a weeknight and 15% of a weekend, and spent £10 a head, they could probably staff it. But I'm not sure people really would I reckon it will become a communal space paid for by the service charge, where people bring up their own drinks and stuff to eat, to enjoy the views.

Surprising! It won't last long if so, as you rightfully said people will bring their own drinks, pizza or whatever. The rent won't exactly be cheap to begin with. Or, they'll change their mind after a few months and try to open it up? Not sure if that would be possible after tennants have signed contracts for an exclusive restaurant. Bonkers.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum