It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

St. Davids Shopping Centre

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Andrew J

Re: St. Davids Shopping Centre

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 12:18 am

What we really could do with in St David's is Zara Home

Amoore

PostThu Dec 06, 2018 1:56 pm

RandomComment wrote:Top Shop/Man, I imagine would have to stay on Queen St as there is no units of the right size/layout in St Davids for them?

All depends if they want to move to somewhere of equal size or if they'd rather downscale. New Look Queens Arcade is due to close - that could accommodate a smaller Top Shop.

Of course, if Debenhams goes under there could end up to be quite a lot of space in St Davids. :shock:

Amoore

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Patisserie Valerie has today collapsed into administration, putting the future of their two Cardiff sites in doubt.

Simon_SW17

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 10:56 pm

Hopefully someone will buy them out of administration, think the dodgy dealings by their CFO may have caused the problems.

jonnywill25

PostSun Feb 03, 2019 7:12 pm

- Yankee Candle & Bose have both closed their stores in St. David’s

-FatFace have closed their store on The Hayes for refurbishment and they appear to be introducing a mezzanine level

Glenn

PostMon Feb 04, 2019 6:20 pm

You can pick up Yankee Candles so many places now, practically every large supermarket and gift shop stocks them. They were quite difficult to find in the UK a few years ago. Surely they’ve just oversaturated the market and cannibalised their own store sales. I don’t think the unit they moved to was a good choice though either. Noticed the Yankee Candle shop on Wellfield Rd also closed recently.

Bose was always an odd store. Who goes to test out high end audio equipment in the middle of a busy loud shopping centre. Maybe one of the Victorian arcades would work better.

jonnywill25

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 am

Latest edition of the St. David's letting plans

https://www.intugroup.co.uk/media/5232/ ... 040219.pdf

Nothing particularly interest to report!

One noticeable change is the split of MSU02 (formerly Clas Ohlson). Intu/Landsec are now marketing MSU02 as 2 separate units, creating LG06 which will be a long, narrow unit (similar to the size of Game) and a newly configured MSU02, which has half its original depth, however remains the wider of the 2 units! It would seem the 18,000 Sq Ft unit was un-lettable...

In other centre related news, Hollister we be closing their current beach shack format store and re-opening a new 7,800 Sq Ft dual-branded store in the coming months. The left half of the store will be dedicated to Gilly Hicks, whilst the right Hollister. The new store front will benefit from double height glass fronted windows, with a metal girder fascia.

Also, I can also see that Hamley's have significantly reduced the sales space of their store. I would say they're currently occupying less than 25% of the footprint of MSU01... Is this a sign of an impending closure? They recently closed their Manchester Trafford store!

Simon_SW17

PostWed Feb 20, 2019 2:02 pm

jonnywill25 wrote:
Also, I can also see that Hamley's have significantly reduced the sales space of their store. I would say they're currently occupying less than 25% of the footprint of MSU01... Is this a sign of an impending closure? They recently closed their Manchester Trafford store!

I imagine they're trying to reduce their losses while they try and sell on their lease/their lease ends.

I don't think the store has been profitable for some years if at all.

jonnywill25

PostThu Mar 07, 2019 9:55 pm

- Diamond Heaven are opening their fifth UK store in St Davids, Cardiff. The store is expected to be located in the original centre (Cathedral Walk / St. David's Way)

https://www.diamond-heaven.co.uk/dh/our ... -st-davids

RandomComment

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 8:20 pm

New leasing plans as of 12th March don't really show anything. The end by John Lewis really is the dead zone isn't it. That must suggest John Lewis isn't doing great.

Did sniff out some other news. Crepe Affaire are trying to offload their unit - for £75k a year! Sblended Milkshares also trying to get out - for £30k a year.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum