It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

Capital Quarter

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Cen

Re: Capital Quarter

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 am

I’m probably in the minority here but I actually think the “Zenith” building is starting to look decent. I’m a fan of the black roof, and in the sunlight the cladding has a golden look to it. Unfortunately sunny days don’t come often enough, so it usually looks a bit beige. :roll:

It should pair nicely with the John Street tower.

Kyle

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 3:06 pm

Cen wrote:I’m probably in the minority here but I actually think the “Zenith” building is starting to look decent. I’m a fan of the black roof, and in the sunlight the cladding has a golden look to it. Unfortunately sunny days don’t come often enough, so it usually looks a bit beige. :roll:

It should pair nicely with the John Street tower.

It should have a neighbour across the feeder canal before John Street, slightly shorter I think if I remember correctly. The number 5 residential tower should be starting this month if I remember correctly?

I'm a bit disappointed overall though by Zenith, and I've been such a big fan of the overall Capital Quarter project since it started. I was even a bit excited about the tower starting as I used to work close by and watch the whole project develop day by day.

It's the colour and logo that does it for me, it looks a bit cheap overall and it's the tallest structure in the city for quite a while!

However, I haven't seen it in person since Christmas when I was last home, so I'll check it out later this week when I'm back again.

elgdav

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Are those letters staying!! I thought it was just a bit of an advert whilst in construction? :?: Well they were one letter down today anyway..

CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

circly_object

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 7:42 pm

I reckon it's going to look a lot better once it loses all the scaffolding, et cetera. It's pretty hard to judge when it's still cluttered up like that, you can't see its true form.

amp

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 8:36 pm

I don’t like it. But once John street and the capital quarter tower is built it will at least be partially hidden by them.

DJKiran

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 7:04 pm

I dislike it. Too much beige, too little glass/gloss/modernity

sebcity

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 9:19 pm

It's a drab and depressing looking building, but I could tell that from before they'd even put the cladding on. Even though I was disappointed with the Charles Street tower, you could tell the quality was still far higher than what that was shaping up to be from the off!

AlwaysBeBlue

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 10:08 pm

I like it. Looks different to what we have now, looks like a small New York Tower.

It should weather better then the white cladding of some other towers as well

Ash

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 7:51 am

AlwaysBeBlue wrote:It should weather better then the white cladding of some other towers as well

That's certainly true. Some of light render and timber buidings from the early 2000s are looking very shabby, hardly surprising given our climate. Celestia and Altalusso are probably the worst offenders although I think someone said that Celestia is due to be spruced up soon
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum