It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am

Central quay

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

RandomComment

Re: Central quay

PostFri Nov 15, 2019 1:34 pm

https://www.savills.co.uk/research_articles/229130/292227-0

According to Saville's the Ledger building won't commence until 50% is pre-let. Its a 250k building in total so that means letting 125k square feet - which is quite a lot in Cardiff (about 1/4 of usual annual lettings).

May be a while before we see much happen here, esp. given that the Interchange and John Street are both going ahead already.

Lewisbeecham

PostFri Nov 15, 2019 2:38 pm

RandomComment wrote:https://www.savills.co.uk/research_articles/229130/292227-0

According to Saville's the Ledger building won't commence until 50% is pre-let. Its a 250k building in total so that means letting 125k square feet - which is quite a lot in Cardiff (about 1/4 of usual annual lettings).

May be a while before we see much happen here, esp. given that the Interchange and John Street are both going ahead already.

Interesting read that.

I would had thought the Ledger be preferable for any business looking to relocate to Cardiff or even to upgrade office facilities. That's assuming the Interchange has been taken up by Legal and General. You'd think they would still go ahead with the multistory car park in the meantime, a guaranteed money winner right there. Am I right in saying the hoardings around that area are new?

DJKiran

PostSat Nov 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Knew it. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't start until 2022..

Ash

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 9:04 pm

I noticed today that the BMW garage has been vacated and according to Wales Online, demolition has begun on the brewery part of the site.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/demolition-begins-cardiffs-historic-brains-17339223

Thewasp

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 9:52 am

Seems the site could be larger than originally thought then if it's incorporating the BWM site!

DJKiran

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Nice to see some work finally starting!

Kyle

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 6:08 pm

https://www.business-live.co.uk/commercial-property/plans-revealed-transform-former-brains-17356480

Interesting to see them propose to start on this next July. It's a much smaller office size than the Ledger, so I wonder if this will actuallty start first, and also if there's a lack of interest in the bigger office and more interest in this smaller space and the leisure units?

I do like the idea of this starting first though

Glenn

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 12:28 am

Anybody know what's happening with the terraced houses along Penarth Rd, Percy, Harpur and Crawshay St? Now BMW have gone they're the only thing really left in that area not being redeveloped. Compulsory purchase? They're pretty scruffy and run down HMOs and not really unique architecturally, will stick out like a sore thumb if they stay. In the concept art they're still there. If they stay no doubt their value will go way up, dodgy landlords will turf out the low income residents they've allowed to live in these run down HMOs all these years and sell on to a developer for a profit.

Thewasp

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 8:19 am

Yes, I also wondered what would happen to the Ledger building now. Hope it's not sacked off. There still seems to be strong interest in grade a offoce space which we dont have much of.

Lewisbeecham

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 8:32 am

Can't see the ledger building being binned, it's probably just timing and that it's currently easier to let more flexible and smaller grade a office space. Perhaps they are simply keen to get on with it? Once this has got going surely the flats etc along the water front will be next? Either way it'll be nice to finally see some movement. It may be easier to sell the bigger office schemes once at least a shovel hits the ground. I mean, Interchange anyone?
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum