It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Thewasp

Re: General Developments

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 9:26 pm

That would be amazing!!! Do it!!
Also maybe with a Korean/Japanese sauna type of thing.
Then have a nice outdoor heated baths like in Budapest down by the new canel redevelopment. :-) happy days!

Leighurley1998

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 10:34 pm

Is the Curran Road tower being built currently?

amp

PostThu Dec 19, 2019 8:10 pm

Leighurley1998 wrote:Is the Curran Road tower being built currently?

Not yet.

Karl

PostFri Dec 20, 2019 6:06 pm

There is an application in for the improvement of the commercial premises in Tudor Street in 4 phases. This involves renovating shop fronts, new windows and repairing stonework/ render and painting various pastel colours.

This will improve the shops no end. I wonder if it will kick start renovation in the general area - perhaps the Central Square effect? The properties on Fitzhammon Embankment are reasonably decent period properties and some have already been renovated.

Ash

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Tudor Street should go up in the world given the gentrification of Grangetown and developments like Central Square and the Tramshed. At one time it had a 'Chinatown' feel to it but most of the Chinese stores and restaurants seem to have relocated or closed.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostSun Jan 12, 2020 4:16 pm

A friend of mine who is involved in the construction industry mentioned today that he may get a job on the 29 storey development at guildford crescent! I don't know any more details as I was in the pub and rushing off to see Cardiff city v Swansea :( maybe I should've stayed and watched it on the box! :) but still v. interesting about some news re guildford crescent.
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Lewisbeecham

PostSun Jan 12, 2020 5:02 pm

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:A friend of mine who is involved in the construction industry mentioned today that he may get a job on the 29 storey development at guildford crescent! I don't know any more details as I was in the pub and rushing off to see Cardiff city v Swansea :( maybe I should've stayed and watched it on the box! :) but still v. interesting about some news re guildford crescent.

Expected given the freeholder. The bigger question is what sort of scheme will it be? Some great balcony opportunities towards the prison!

Bishop84

PostMon Jan 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Lewisbeecham wrote:
paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:A friend of mine who is involved in the construction industry mentioned today that he may get a job on the 29 storey development at guildford crescent! I don't know any more details as I was in the pub and rushing off to see Cardiff city v Swansea :( maybe I should've stayed and watched it on the box! :) but still v. interesting about some news re guildford crescent.

Expected given the freeholder. The bigger question is what sort of scheme will it be? Some great balcony opportunities towards the prison!

Wasn't Cardiff Prison on a list of possible closures if they build the super-prison near Port Talbot? Although haven't heard much about that project recently.

Lewisbeecham

PostMon Jan 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Bishop84 wrote:
Lewisbeecham wrote:

Wasn't Cardiff Prison on a list of possible closures if they build the super-prison near Port Talbot? Although haven't heard much about that project recently.

Well once Central Square, Central Quay, Capital Quarter and Canal Quarter are all built, surely the next area of Cardiff to have a revamp is the prison. It was one of the sites considered for the new arena as well.

Stephens9370

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 3:23 pm

Has the work started on the 42 storey building yet?
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum