It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:43 am

Salford

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

AlwaysBeBlue

Salford

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 7:35 pm

Has Salford got the best cluster of decent sized buildings outside London ? Always looks pretty impressive with some quality high rises.

This is what Cardiff Bay could/should have been. Being a small country I still cannot believe the major cities of the UK dont have more quality high rises in and around the city centres

jacobfox

Re: Salford

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 8:24 pm

I'd argue Manchester and Birmingham have relatively impressive skylines. I'd travelled much of the states recently and in some places, they really aren't as impressive as ours.

Cardiff

Re: Salford

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 8:56 pm

Salford Quays was worse than Cardiff bay for many years, the arrival of the BBC and the fact that Manchester has a population equal to the whole of Wales has meant massive regeneration that Cardiff will never see.

Cardiff bay or rather Mermaid Quay has always been a small town affair, look at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth and see what Mermaid Quay should have been!

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum