It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am

Tudor Street gets a brush-up

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

DavidH71

Tudor Street gets a brush-up

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 10:32 am

This isn't about a new building, but the whole environment of a street: the road, the pavements, the facades. There is a link to a PDF of the plans on the page below; in summary the council want to create a segregated cycleway, redesign the pavements to incorporate " rain gardens" and work with building owners to install new windows, shopfronts, and generally improve the appearance of their properties. Tudor Street does look rather unloved at the moment, so this all looks very promising.

https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/resident ... fault.aspx

Lewisbeecham

Re: Tudor Street gets a brush-up

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 3:10 pm

In other words the council doesn't this this street looking like an absolute dump as it's so close to Central Square!

Cardiff

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 3:51 pm

Or rather the successful regeneration of Central Square has now pushed regeneration into a run down area that could reap huge benefits from a facelift. I just hope any work on the buildings is sensitive and enhances any historical character, rather than whitewash it to blandness or worse.

LocalLurker

PostThu Jul 09, 2020 6:17 pm

Good to see the council strike when the iron is hot and there are less cars on the road due to covid with the work around Castle Street and now this :!:

Slightly OT, has there been any talk of Tudor St/Ninian Park Road, Cowbridge Road East or Wellington St/Lansdowne Road becoming 1 way for vehicles?

amp

PostFri Jul 10, 2020 7:52 pm

Yea Tudor street needs it, I also like the look of the cycle way in cathays to the heath hospital.

DavidH71

PostSat Jul 18, 2020 9:27 pm

I took a wander down Tudor Street this afternoon - and it really does need every bit of help it can get. A lot of the older properties need a lot of repair work, and some of them are bordering on derelict. The few shops on the street didn't look very inviting. Bus passengers have a choice of 4 stops to use when heading out of the city, but at least two of them are out of use, and they almost block the whole pavement. I can't imagine those stops are ever busy - it's not somewhere I would want to stand about in for long. And litter, litter, everywhere. All this was just a stone's throw from the station and the stadium. How did it get like this?

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum