It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:12 am

Cardiff Bay/Mermaid Quay developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

wizard

Re: Cardiff Bay/Mermaid Quay developments

PostSun Feb 22, 2015 1:16 pm

JamesWales wrote:In a similar vein, I went into Sunflower and I on Mount Stuart Square on the weekend - again, a superb venue, really quirky and definitely worth a visit.

You're dead right James. Went in there last night (only 5 people in there including me) but what a stunningly hand crafted interior they've created. Ten out of ten.

nicksocrates

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 9:00 pm

I just came across this image on Frank Knights website. I have never seen this one so I thought it might be of interest. Sorry for the large image.

nicksocrates

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 9:01 pm

smaller image here;

Jantra

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 9:13 pm

Looks good but I think that's just the master plan. It would be great if it was developed like that though.

Simon__200

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 6:53 am

It even has the Bay Car bus going over the swing bridge. Anyone know why that, seemingly completely logical and sensible idea, was ditched to have it double back on itself instead?

Baywatcher

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 9:57 am

Anyone know why that, seemingly completely logical and sensible idea, was ditched to have it double back on itself instead?

Because it's logical and sensible. We are talking about a council, don't forget.

Kyle

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 3:25 pm

nicksocrates wrote:smaller image here;

I think that's been a round for quite a while, although I might be wrong.

It's been very very quiet Porth Teigr wise hasn't it, at least with regards to any new developments? GloWorks seems to have filled up quite well tenants wise but we've not heard about any other plans, any other potential interest in the space. Seems as shame, it's a brilliant site with all that water around it.

Century Falcon

PostThu Mar 05, 2015 7:28 pm

A cocktail bar called Punk Panda (the first of a chain of ten) is opening in Mermaid Quay in May apparently. Does anyone know which unit? I've heard it may be replacing Mimosa but I would have thought that would have closed by now to allow for out of the new tenant if true?

Cardiff

PostThu Mar 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Cafe Rouge is closed and was being stripped yesterday. I went to the Sunflower and I. Very nice place and very what the bay needs, especially that area! I really hope it's a success, but think the cafe part needs to be expanded as its not too clear whats available.

Ash

PostThu Mar 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Cardiff wrote:Cafe Rouge is closed and was being stripped yesterday. I went to the Sunflower and I. Very nice place and very what the bay needs, especially that area! I really hope it's a success, but think the cafe part needs to be expanded as its not too clear whats available.

Cafe Rouge is a very tired chain. I think its days were numbered the moment Côte opened. It does the same sort of thing but much, much better.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum