It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

Callaghan Square

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Century Falcon

Re: Callaghan Square

PostMon Dec 15, 2014 9:55 pm

They may not have spotted the activity; you can only see most of what is going on from the footpath that divides the site...

Kyle

PostTue Dec 16, 2014 10:09 am

Century Falcon wrote:They may not have spotted the activity; you can only see most of what is going on from the footpath that divides the site...

I meant a press-release from the developer sorry (i.e. The Welsh Government). I guess they might be waiting on Deloitte officially signing up. If it were J R Smart or Rightacres for example then we would have had a press release by now.

Kyle

PostFri Feb 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Anyone have any news on what is happening with plot E04 ? There's been various discharge of conditions in the planning approvals but I'm not aware that the project has started or seen anything in the press about it starting any time soon.

sweetfeet

PostWed Aug 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Tucked away in this article about all the projects in the pipeline is a brief mention of the fact that Deloitte are taking extra space in the Media Wales building to house their new recruits. Bit disappointing as I think we were all expecting them to take space at one of the new developments, surprising that this building will be big enough.

The article also says that WG has "moved back" from a speculative development on the site it acquired at CS but that developers are interested in a possible JV there. Has to be the right decision by WG given the plans everywhere else, most notably Central Square and Capital Quarter but interesting to read of a possible JV there.

redragon

PostWed Aug 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Jv?

Jantra

PostThu Aug 13, 2015 7:24 am

What article sweet feet?

sweetfeet

PostThu Aug 13, 2015 8:04 am

Whoops! This one: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/c ... ys-9784239. JV = joint venture btw.

Looks like things have moved on though as this article from today's paper says that WG is looking to sell: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/c ... ll-9844557

Those negotiations broke down quickly :lol:

Kyle

PostThu Aug 13, 2015 10:06 am

Part of me thought the delay in the WG developing Plot E04 at Callaghan Square was because Rightacres or J R Smart were close to signing them up as tenants. There could be any number of reasons they haven't gone for a new building of course, but you can see why the WG have pulled out of building now.

I'd prefer to see Capital Quarter and Central Square become completed schemes over the next 5 years than Callaghan Square south getting just one building and then both J R Smart and Rightacres struggling to finish their schemes I suppose. Still, that empty bit of land at Callaghan Square still being empty after all these years is really frustrating.

Let's hope they find buyers for the site that actually want to do something with it.

RandomComment

PostThu Aug 13, 2015 10:39 am

Its somewhat surprising that Deloitte chose the MediaWales building on Park Street. Its a convenient but a bit of an ugly location. Perhaps its short-term space until they move into longer-term accomodation? Or perhaps they only want short-term space as they aren't sure whether they'll keep these jobs in Cardiff?

Cen

PostFri Aug 21, 2015 2:15 am

Would it be possible for the same building to be completed under a private company?

It would be a shame to see it completely abandoned as it looks smart, and it already has planning permission. I hope the land doesn't remain empty for very long.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum