It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:49 am

Cardiff Pointe

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

paul cardiffwalesmap

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostWed Jul 13, 2016 11:38 pm

So presumably when the site is cleared they can get cracking on the 6 star hotel proposed!!

Ever the optimist - that's me! actually in the long term just maybe we'll get something along these lines, but it's hard to imagine that for maybe a decade?

Whilst we are in the area... Now the new ice rink is up-n-running I wonder if or indeed when we may hear of the next part of the jigsaw? It seems that Cardiff Pointe is selling and are moving to the next phase, also Bayscape have confidence in the area. In all fairness our sporting peninsular now has some top quality leisure facilities. Progress maybe slow, but this could end up as a destination to challenge the traditional mermaid quay centred cardiff bay area.
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Cardiff

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 4:12 pm

I had a quick walk around today, cant say i love or hate the development, there are some impressive parts to it, and the overall look is quite modern though i'm not a fan of the colours used.

Image20160914_113903 by Stephen Anstiss, on Flickr

Cardiff

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 4:13 pm

Cardiff

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 4:13 pm

Cardiff

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Cant say i liked the look of these from a distance, but up close and in person they look very impressive and large

Image20160914_113834 by Stephen Anstiss, on Flickr

Dr O

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 7:16 pm

There's a listing on rightmove with some interior pictures of the show house

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-fo ... 53660.html

Looks really quite nice, I think.

However, they seem to be struggling to sell the houses, the flats have been sold out for some time, infact they were nearly all gone when I went to the sales office back in February, but the houses have been really slow. It seems strange really considering there's virtually no other houses in the whole sports village or indeed the bay in general, and quite literally thousands of other flats. Is it simply a case of the prices being too high, or is it more the kind of people the area attracts are just not looking for a house regardless of spec? It'll be interesting to see what happens with the, cheaper but lower quality houses opposite the bayscape site.

redragon

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 7:48 pm

I think it's actually refreshing that they aren't higher than they are (there's absolutely no need here), they aren't made of render and they aren't car dominated (perhaps yet). On the whole, I think they're shaping up quite well.

Kyle

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 8:42 pm

I'm not a fan of yellow brickwork, it always looks cheap to me. Other than that I like the designs but they do seem to be selling slow and it must be the price. There are townhouses/houses elsewhere in the bay area and have been for years (I used to live in one some 15 years ago), so I don't think it's the home type.

Them not selling out by now worries me in how it will affect the next stage starting. If they can't make enough money out of it then what chance do we have of the snow dome starting, or is the retail element next?

Baysailor

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Opposite Bayscape is social housing with a few private sales thrown in for good measure. They haven’t tried to make any attempt to landscape except through some grass seed down and out back remains the sewage pumping station. The challenge (read issue) with Cardiff Pointe is that they are trying to sell family sized town homes with no land for children to play in or nearby family services such as doctors, schools, parks etc. at a price similar to established neighbourhoods nearby in Cardiff and Penarth. They’d be better off scrapping the design and go back to a mix of apartments as that is what sells in the ISV.

jonbvn

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Dr O wrote:There's a listing on rightmove with some interior pictures of the show house

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-fo ... 53660.html

Looks really quite nice, I think.

However, they seem to be struggling to sell the houses, the flats have been sold out for some time, infact they were nearly all gone when I went to the sales office back in February, but the houses have been really slow. It seems strange really considering there's virtually no other houses in the whole sports village or indeed the bay in general, and quite literally thousands of other flats. Is it simply a case of the prices being too high, or is it more the kind of people the area attracts are just not looking for a house regardless of spec? It'll be interesting to see what happens with the, cheaper but lower quality houses opposite the bayscape site.

The question I have to ask who is their target market? I would guess that it is mostly families. From a family perspective things such as schools are a concern in the bay, especially when you are paying £650k! Not sure whether their kids could travel to Penarth for school, since it is a different council. With this sort of money, families will be looking to move into other areas of Cardiff which are in the catchment area of good schools.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum