It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

Dolffin Quay

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Lyndon

Re: Dolffin Quay

PostThu Nov 24, 2016 11:25 pm

Totally convinced this will never happen due to it dwarfing the Norwegian Church.

elgdav

PostThu Nov 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Oh, the green things are to hold space for air-conditioning plants etc. They put those there just so no one believed it would be a completely clean roof line.

Lyndon

PostThu Nov 24, 2016 11:38 pm

I like the fact that one of the renders tentatively acknowledges that there might be a *teeny* bit of an overshadowing issue with Britannia Park and the Waterguard.

Seriously, what an utter piece of crap.

Rhodri

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 9:11 am

Lyndon wrote:Totally convinced this will never happen due to it dwarfing the Norwegian Church.

I asked them about this. They advised that the Norwegian Church were fully supportive of the plans. You could envisage that it wld be become a de-facto Community Centre.

Simon__200

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 10:44 am

Really hoping that this dreadful development never gets off the ground. I remember all the comunity consultation and research that went into the development of Roath basin a few years back, then out of the blue this monstrousity rears its ugly head. It's so bad that it's like a perfect example of how not to proceed.

Cardiff

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 7:01 pm

I dont think its too bad a development, there are parts i like and parts i dont, i think the main issue is the total change for this area, not one part will stay untouched and im not sure how successful the retail will be.

sebcity

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 10:19 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/plans-24-storey-building-cardiff-13385854

This one has featured in the press again recently. I'm really not sure what to make of this development to be honest! On the one hand, It would be nice to see some more development going on in this side of the bay, and would be good to see a bit more height going up in this area, but I'm concerned this might be a bit too excessive, and 60 parking spaces for all of those homes? They're having a laugh!

Double that at least, plus you'd need car parking for the retail developments too that they're trying to introduce.

Jantra

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 10:29 am

Something needs to kickstart development down the Bay because it is stalled again.

If I were the council I would insist on very high quality materials and nothing else.

Simon__200

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 11:33 am

I don't see why an absolutely shambles of a plan needs to get approved in order to kick start development. There's drawings of the bay with some amazing (once) proposed developments; hotels, retail units, businesses and residential all around Roath Lock. All of it stalled. And what do we get? This poorly=planned monstrosity slap bang in the middle of the only bit of greenery that people can enjoy. If only there was some unused wasteland nearby left festering. Oh!

sebcity

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 1:00 pm

Simon__200 wrote:I don't see why an absolutely shambles of a plan needs to get approved in order to kick start development. There's drawings of the bay with some amazing (once) proposed developments; hotels, retail units, businesses and residential all around Roath Lock. All of it stalled. And what do we get? This poorly=planned monstrosity slap bang in the middle of the only bit of greenery that people can enjoy. If only there was some unused wasteland nearby left festering. Oh!

I'm under the impression that they own this land and thus want to utilise it. Apparently they could have chosen to close off that park, but they have 'better ideas' for it. I do agree that I think this would be suited better on the other side of that bridge.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum