It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:53 am

Cardiff airport

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

LocalLurker

Re: Cardiff airport

PostTue Oct 25, 2016 7:11 pm

dave wrote:You can now fly direct to Madrid from Cardiff Airport with Iberia Express

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... gory%20p$1

Another tidy route, will definitely be looking to book a trip next Autumn. Slow and steady progress :!:

LocalLurker

PostFri Nov 04, 2016 8:59 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... s-12126523
http://www.berlin-airport.de/en/company ... /index.php

Is the Cardiff-Berlin route 'new' news? Anyhow it's positive noises all the same :)

Zach

PostSat Dec 31, 2016 2:22 pm

BBC News reporting on huge flight distruption at CWL

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-38471099?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_wales_news&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=wales

What do they expect with 4 flights all landing at the same time, fog or no fog they need their heads examining :o

Baysailor

PostSat Dec 31, 2016 5:39 pm

1 Flight in reality. Cardiff likes to inflate it's boards by posting separate entries for all the code share airlines. Makes the place look busy!!!

DaiB

PostSat Dec 31, 2016 6:24 pm

Hardly a Cardiff thing to have all the relevant flight numbers on its departures board...

Zach

PostSun Jan 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Hardly a Cardiff thing to have all the relevant flight numbers on its departures board...

Well, I think it is!! just checked with our nearest neighbouring Airport,
Departure boards look at a glance equally busy., however...

Bristol 24 actual flights

Cardiff 7 actual Flights

Cardiff should translate it into Welsh as well and bingo even more flights than there are spaces to display them,
simples. :idea:

Kyle

PostSun Jan 01, 2017 4:26 pm

Why does it matter?

It happens at other airports Zach, I've seen it at Heathrow in the last few months.

Zach

PostSun Jan 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Yes, I agree it really doesn't matter.
It happens else where too, but they tend to toggle between code shares, at Cardiff they use it to fill up the boards.
Not a big deal but only started to happen since it was nationalised, which annoys me on both counts.

I flew to Munich from CWL for the first time in years and it was so convenient, sadly the flights out and back were only about half full so I doubt this route will last.
The check in and security were like being first class, nearly as many people working as passengers.

PS Happy New Year all!

Bishop84

PostSun Jan 01, 2017 9:03 pm

They filled the boards like that long before it was nationalised! Sometimes they scroll through the multiple flight codes and sometimes it is one line for each flight number. I think it depends on how many flights at any particular time!

Kyle

PostMon Jan 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Zach wrote:Yes, I agree it really doesn't matter.
It happens else where too, but they tend to toggle between code shares, at Cardiff they use it to fill up the boards.
Not a big deal but only started to happen since it was nationalised, which annoys me on both counts.

I flew to Munich from CWL for the first time in years and it was so convenient, sadly the flights out and back were only about half full so I doubt this route will last.
The check in and security were like being first class, nearly as many people working as passengers.

PS Happy New Year all!

Happy new year to you too.

I flew to Munich with my previous job quite a few times last year and I found that flight really convenient, but not full. Personally I think the plane is too big for Cardiff on that route. The easyjet plane I've used from Bristol to Munich was much smaller. The Cardiff plane was similar in size to those used from bigger airports like Birmingham or Heathrow that I've used to German cities.

I hope it isn't cut purely because the plane they use is too big for demand, although I appreciate why they are, because Cardiff is given those particular planes by flybe.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum