It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 am

Bar News

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Amoore

Re: Bar News

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Zach wrote:Central Bar up for sale. :cry:
Sad as this is one of the quieter Weatherspoons in the city centre.
A great place to go if you don't like the smell of vomit or have the need for a fist fight, the Prince of Wales will do that for you.

Apparently they've been trying to shift the Gatekeeper for a while too.

Karl

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 1:22 pm

I think there is an app to convert the top floor(s) of the Gatekeeper to hotel use (and also the Aneurin Bevan). I think this is something Wetherspoons are rolling out around the country.

Karl

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Karl wrote:I think there is an app to convert the top floor(s) of the Gatekeeper to hotel use (and also the Aneurin Bevan). I think this is something Wetherspoons are rolling out around the country.

Here it is -

http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-a ... APR_118513

Cen

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Have they actually used Comic Sans in their D&A? That's shocking. :lol:

Jantra

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 3:01 pm

Cen wrote:

Have they actually used Comic Sans in their D&A? That's shocking. :lol:

whilst it does look like a 10 year old has knocked it up on powerpoint, aren't we guilty of preferring style over substance?

Amoore

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 3:30 pm

It should be waved through anyway - Cardiff is crying out for hotel rooms.

Mr Blue Sky

PostFri Jan 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Karl wrote:I think its likely it will be rebranded. The story on Walesonline suggest it will be re-opening in April.

I like Dempseys but mostly because it's never full. Lots of people will be wailing and gnashing their teeth and a lot of them (as in the case of the Vulvan) will have visited once or twice only. It's a case of use it or lose it. I hope that Brains don't go all out to modernise it in their usual cack handed way. It's in a good position on the Womamby Street 'alternative' strip and opposite the castle.

Was that a strip club?

Amoore

PostSat Jan 07, 2017 12:00 pm

A lot of people say things like "oh that's a shame, I used to like going in there for a quiet drink because it wasn't too busy"... perhaps forgetting the fact that a bar needs to be busy in order to survive. :|

Simon__200

PostSat Jan 07, 2017 2:26 pm

33 Windsor Place is never busy, but that seems to have outlived a great many other busier venues.

Amoore

PostSun Jan 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Simon__200 wrote:33 Windsor Place is never busy, but that seems to have outlived a great many other busier venues.

Well I think that's more food led so not comparable really. Perhaps the various estate agents and solicitors around that area are prepared to pay around £13 for fish, chips and a pint at lunchtime. However it wouldn't be the only Brains pub in town that's just struggling on despite not doing great business.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum