It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:10 am

Planning Delays - J33 Development

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

RandomComment

Re: Planning Delays - J33 Development

PostTue Feb 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Simon__200 wrote:
Zach wrote:The the UK cannot work out how to get a new nuclear power station built (Hinkley C) what hope is there for J33 housing?

You lost me. You think getting a nuclear power station built is more straightforward than some housing estate?(!)

Are you American? Heard of irony? :p

RandomComment

PostTue Feb 16, 2016 1:49 pm

Going back to the issue of Talbot Green Town Centre, I got a response from Scarborough developments:

Scarborough wrote:
"Thank you for your email and taking the time to make contact regarding our project in Talbot Green. You might have seen the works on site have recommenced in preparing the site for construction and the construction of a new access road. These works are due to be completed in October 2016.

I have received some other enquires asking about Sainsbury's and if they have withdrawn from the project. Sainsbury's have not pulled out of the project and are still very much committed to building a new store when the site preparation works are complete. We are having regular dialogue and meetings with Sainsbury's regarding their requirements now the infrastructure works are well underway. We are also having a regular dialogue with Leekes regarding their requirements for a new store.

We intend to commence the construction of the new town centre which includes a new cinema once the infrastructure works are complete however there is a lot of work to complete before construction can commence. Once work has started it will take approximately two years to complete.

We are in the process of finalising the detail of the new town centre project and arranging for a new information press release to be issued. The project will have a new website which will inform the local Community on progress and who the new retailers and leisure occupiers are.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries in the future."

So it looks like things have started (albeit later than initially planned). Looks like we could be looking at a 2019 opening for the scheme?

Ash

PostTue Feb 16, 2016 2:27 pm

RandomComment wrote: So it looks like things have started (albeit later than initially planned). Looks like we could be looking at a 2019 opening for the scheme?

I do think this will happen. Essentially the 1960s plan for a new town in Llantrisant has happened but in a haphazard and piecemeal way. Had the plan been delivered by a new town corporation no doubt the centre would have been developed in step with the housing. Instead we have a ring donut of homes with a hole in the middle. Market forces will fill that hole sooner or later.

george

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 1:57 pm

This seems to have gone by unnoticed.
It's not logged as approved on the council planning portal. The last document is a letter from WG confirming that the proposal did not need to be called in.

http://www.bartonwillmore.co.uk/Knowled ... in-Cardiff

http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-a ... APR_107951

ah, here it is

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local ... s-12573494

moyceyyy

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 5:29 pm

The traffic on this roundabout isnt exactly good as it is but now it will be horrdendous.

All these talks about the M4 at Newport being super congested.. Cardiff will be next on the M4 list with 20,000 new homes built along it

Zach

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 7:40 pm

J33, if ever there was a need for a flyover it's at J33.
Traffic leaving the M4 east bound should have been ramped over to join the A4232.
This would have negated the need for traffic lights full stop.

The money spent improving the junction has been a complete waste, the traffic delays in the morning are worse than before the work was started. I do hope that the eastern bay link wont also turn into traffic bedlam.

moyceyyy

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Zach wrote:J33, if ever there was a need for a flyover it's at J33.
Traffic leaving the M4 east bound should have been ramped over to join the A4232.
This would have negated the need for traffic lights full stop.

The money spent improving the junction has been a complete waste, the traffic delays in the morning are worse than before the work was started. I do hope that the eastern bay link wont also turn into traffic bedlam.

So something like this you had in mind? Ive included the links to development

Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum