It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

Cardiff LDP Progress

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

LocalLurker

Re: Cardiff LDP Progress

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 9:09 am

Jantra wrote:Plasdwr has passed planning today

Good news

Anything that the bullying charlatan Neil McEvoy is against, is normally for the best for Cardiff

redragon

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 9:09 am

What have you used to work that out/display, Zach?

Cen

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 9:17 am

The images in the BBC article suggest that the intention is to utilise on-street trams through the development. But then as someone already mentioned, the Metro is all just talk at the moment. Where is the real meat of the Metro proposals? Some fake images with no real logic won't cut it.

RandomComment

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 11:07 am

I think the pictures of trams reflect the fact that a few of the main spine routes are being made wide enough so that they could carry trams that are partially segregated. The S106/infrastructure levy (or whatever its called now in Wales!) won't be anywhere near high enough to pay for such a tram system into this development though - although it would be a not insignificant contribution to a bigger pool of funds for such a scheme.

I think the best bet for this development would be semi-segregated buses though. Much cheaper and much more flexible than trams. Of course, there would be bottle-necks on leaving the development. To reduce the impact of this, I would have a bus-only route connecting the southern part of the development with St Fagans road. I'd also make improvements to the Waungron Road junction so buses can more easily turn south/west along Western Avenue if that route into town were less congested than continuing down Waungron/Pencisely Road.

In the long-term I'd put a route into the A4232, and have express buses come in that way.

moyceyyy

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 4:14 am

i looked on Google Earth and it looks like the site east of Pontprennau has started.

Nothing on the much larger site to the west though

Kyle

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 9:56 am

I told you St Edeyrn had started the other day, there's quite a few houses gone up and this is visible from the A48

moyceyyy

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Oh so THATS St. Ederyn, I apologise. I thought that was the brownfield site near the city centre.

murfilicious

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 9:15 am

moyceyyy wrote:Oh so THATS St. Ederyn, I apologise. I thought that was the brownfield site near the city centre.

Yes I believe the first couple of houses are soon to be occupied at S.E.V. - I'm planning to pop out on my lunch and take a few pictures so will share here If I do.
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

moyceyyy

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 12:42 pm

murfilicious wrote:
moyceyyy wrote:Oh so THATS St. Ederyn, I apologise. I thought that was the brownfield site near the city centre.

Yes I believe the first couple of houses are soon to be occupied at S.E.V. - I'm planning to pop out on my lunch and take a few pictures so will share here If I do.

That would be excellent!

murfilicious

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 2:25 pm

I was wrong - there are already at least 10 houses occupied on the site (mostly the ones built near the site entrance and the Unicorn Pub).

So here are some pictures:

1. View looking down at St Edeyrn's from the top of the (now widened) Church Road (at the roundabout with the Pentwyn Link Road)

2. View looking back up towards roundabout

3. View of Church Road looking south-west (can just make out the sign for the Unicorn Pub)

4. View of Church Road looking north-east (once a popular rat run between Junction 30 and St Mellons, now destined to be a cycle route)

5. View of the new road extended into St Edeyrn's

6. For comparison, this is almost the exact same view back in November 2014
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum