It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

Eastern Bay Link

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

murfilicious

Re: Eastern Bay Link

PostFri Mar 24, 2017 12:40 pm

moyceyyy wrote:I honestly think the only route that makes sense its dualling Rover way.

The only problem with that is Rover way will need some serious upgrading - at present the road suffers from some severe potholes quite regularly - I suspect there are some long term ground problems which need fixing.
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

moyceyyy

PostFri Mar 24, 2017 2:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcVv0lUyQts

New video on the Eastern Link, doesnt really show much progress since the last but cool nevertheless.

Also looking at Queens gate roundabout, i didnt actually realise how much traffic the roundabout had.

RandomComment

PostFri Mar 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Zach wrote:I think cartographers just made up some dotted line as they had no clue where the bypass would go. This is the only image I've ever seen and it just get repeated and repeated.

I may be wrong but I think there was an officially designated route that was meant to be "reserved". I remember seeing an article about how environmental groups objected to the fact that the road would be along the shoreline, causing even more disruption to birds (just after the barrage flooded the Bay). I can't find any link to it now (any google search gets a whole load of stuff more recently). But I don't think the AtoZ maps were just making the route up.

Zach

PostFri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 pm

The only problem with that is Rover way will need some serious upgrading - at present the road suffers from some severe potholes quite regularly - I suspect there are some long term ground problems which need fixing.

Not to mention some other problems, fly grazing and battered white transits that just stop randomly on this quiet country road!! :cry:
I Tink I got away with that one without offending any ethnic group. :D

dazplott

PostFri Mar 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Apologies for the poor image quality, but this early plan for the bay shows a foreshore route for the eastern PDR
picture upload

Ash

PostFri Mar 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Zach wrote:Not to mention some other problems, fly grazing and battered white transits that just stop randomly on this quiet country road!! :cry:
I Tink I got away with that one without offending any ethnic group. :D

Yet another piece of nasty racism from Zach.

Paul, when are you going to do something about this?

Mr Blue Sky

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 1:41 pm

How exactly is it racist Ash?

Jantra

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:How exactly is it racist Ash?

I reckon suggesting the travelling community are tinkers responsible for fly grazing etc may be deemed by some as being racist. I'd say it was merely an observation in poor taste and not Racism.

Racism is surely treating others perceived to be different to yourself in a manner not consistent with how you would treat those perceived to be the same as yourself.

Mr Blue Sky

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 2:59 pm

If I were to say that a certain segment of society enjoyed incest and searching in bins for food, would I be racist?

If I were to suggest that a certain group of people were disproportionately represented in crimes such as modern slavery, metal theft and cowboy roofing/paving, would I be racist?

Zach

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Yet another piece of nasty racism from Zach.

:lol:

Paul, when are you going to do something about this?

Ash I don't think Paul is able to anything about some of the anti social behaviours of those living in the vicinity of Rover way, he only moderates this forum.

Maybe you could direct your misplaced liberal attitudes at those who actually cause cruelty and live in the vicinity.
Incidentally, this chap ignored the Asbo and went to prison again. I'm told the Police are too afraid to even visit the area unless they have armed backup. But like the taxi drivers in Rotherham, those who forgot or were too afraid to speak up, were in the end the ones most at fault and prolonged the suffering of young girls in that particular case.

http://www.barryanddistrictnews.co.uk/news/10530629.Vale_horse_trader_jailed_for_26_weeks/
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum