It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

What's that boy? Activity at the Ely Mill?

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: What's that boy? Activity at the Ely Mill?

PostMon Apr 18, 2016 1:35 pm

Waun gron park isn't that far from ely mill. do they need another station?

Ash

PostMon Apr 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Jantra wrote:Waun gron park isn't that far from ely mill. do they need another station?

It depends if the Metro uses trains, trams or tram-trains. Another station wouldn't make much sense for the current system but there'd probably be two or more additional stops between Central and Waungron if they go for a tram-train system.

murfilicious

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 8:46 am

Caught the train to town yesterday evening, passing this development, so here is an update as far as I can see:

The elevated access road at the western end (off of Cowbridge Road West) is nearly completed.
The main road through the development (linking the elevated section above with Sanatorium Road) has been laid out through the site with various sections of kerb, pavement and drainage already installed (it's not finished by any stretch, but you can see the route fully).
The first building is under construction at the eastern end (near the new school) couldn't get my camera out quick enough to get a photo though
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

Zach

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 5:04 pm

It depends if the Metro uses trains, trams or tram-trains.

Haha, You forgot the real option #4, Buses driving along the road with "Metro" painted on the their sides!

Apologies if this comment appears to you as; negative, racist, anti Metro, anti tram or even anti Welsh.
I have to be very careful, cause you take offence on many different things and don't appear to have any sense of humour, so maybe you're from the Welsh speaking parts of North Cardiff?**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6OMr5AL1-I

** Joke

Peiriannydd

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 7:33 pm

What is the point of a guided busway? Poor man's tram? It just looks so stupid and a waste of money to me.

moyceyyy

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 7:40 pm

Peiriannydd wrote:What is the point of a guided busway? Poor man's tram? It just looks so stupid and a waste of money to me.

To be fair I think its a cool idea. Like you cant just take a tram anywhere... you can take a bus anywhere. A guided busway allows fast bus services that bypass busy streets, but CAN go anywhere else on standard roads at the same time, for example if the route needs changing or if roads are too narrow to incorporate tram lines.

Point being, guided buses can travel with the rest of the traffic if needed. Far from pointless IMO.

Peiriannydd

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 7:47 pm

I was referring more to the physical infrastructure as shown in the link that Zach posted. Why not just tarmac the whole area but have it for buses? Has to be easier to build and therefore a lot cheaper.

I don't know, they always seem to become really expensive and I question their value.

Ash

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 10:14 pm

Zach wrote:
It depends if the Metro uses trains, trams or tram-trains.

Haha, You forgot the real option #4, Buses driving along the road with "Metro" painted on the their sides!

Apologies if this comment appears to you as; negative, racist, anti Metro, anti tram or even anti Welsh.
I have to be very careful, cause you take offence on many different things and don't appear to have any sense of humour, so maybe you're from the Welsh speaking parts of North Cardiff?**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6OMr5AL1-I

** Joke

Okay, Zach. I thought I might start contributing again to this forum.

Best not, I guess.

By the way I do have a sense of humour, but I don't use 'humour' as an excuse for predjudice.

Nos da.

moyceyyy

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 11:42 am

Peiriannydd wrote:I was referring more to the physical infrastructure as shown in the link that Zach posted. Why not just tarmac the whole area but have it for buses? Has to be easier to build and therefore a lot cheaper.

I don't know, they always seem to become really expensive and I question their value.

This is actually a good question. To let buses go faster perhaps?

Jantra

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 3:26 pm

moyceyyy wrote:
Peiriannydd wrote:I was referring more to the physical infrastructure as shown in the link that Zach posted. Why not just tarmac the whole area but have it for buses? Has to be easier to build and therefore a lot cheaper.

This is actually a good question. To let buses go faster perhaps?

I can't see how the bus can go faster when the driver has to avoid dwarf walls six inches either side of him.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum