It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am

Council Election (May 2017)

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Zach

Re: Council Election (May 2017)

PostThu Apr 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Labour.... Bah....Bah....Bah :lol:

jonbvn

PostThu Apr 13, 2017 4:43 pm

McEvoy, if I could ;)

Simon__200

PostFri Apr 14, 2017 4:50 am

Peiriannydd wrote:
Simon__200 wrote:It would be Labour, since despite the nonsense spoken on here, it's the only party that has everyone's interest at heart. This is a great forum, but the people here are notoriously politically inept. Blaming the political colours for decisions made by local officers on the basis of objectivity is just stupid. On top of that,thinking Brexit is going to make life better is the very essence of naïveté. It all screams political ineptness.

What makes you think that you're any more enlightened than the next person?

What makes you think you do? In any case, I'm talking about being more enlightened than the likes of you, not "the next person", who won't necessarily disgree with me. You're completely politically inept, and should stick to the subject you clearly have some knowledge about. Hint: that isn't politics.

Cen

PostFri Apr 14, 2017 9:02 am

Simon__200 wrote:What makes you think you do? In any case, I'm talking about being more enlightened than the likes of you, not "the next person", who won't necessarily disgree with me. You're completely politically inept, and should stick to the subject you clearly have some knowledge about. Hint: that isn't politics.

Completely uncalled for. This "I'm better than you" attitude is the very reason the left is losing ground fast.

I would define "politically inept" as "Someone who can't have a political debate without resorting to insults and vitriol". Seriously, what makes you think you're better than Peiriannydd at this? If you aren't a politician, then you have no ground to stand on, and if you are, then I suggest being a better one, because Labour is faltering.

Statistically, "the next person" is likely not to hold your views, so maybe you should take people's views more seriously rather than thinking you're better than them.

jonbvn

PostSat Apr 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Simon__200 wrote:
What makes you think you do? In any case, I'm talking about being more enlightened than the likes of you, not "the next person", who won't necessarily disgree with me. You're completely politically inept, and should stick to the subject you clearly have some knowledge about. Hint: that isn't politics.

Quite breathtaking arrogance. Is this the reason left leaning politics is in retreat?

Jantra

PostSat Apr 15, 2017 7:52 pm

Simon__200 wrote:
Peiriannydd wrote:
Simon__200 wrote:It would be Labour, since despite the nonsense spoken on here, it's the only party that has everyone's interest at heart. This is a great forum, but the people here are notoriously politically inept. Blaming the political colours for decisions made by local officers on the basis of objectivity is just stupid. On top of that,thinking Brexit is going to make life better is the very essence of naïveté. It all screams political ineptness.

What makes you think that you're any more enlightened than the next person?

Utter bollocks

Simon__200

PostSun Apr 16, 2017 7:38 am

Cen wrote:
Simon__200 wrote:What makes you think you do? In any case, I'm talking about being more enlightened than the likes of you, not "the next person", who won't necessarily disgree with me. You're completely politically inept, and should stick to the subject you clearly have some knowledge about. Hint: that isn't politics.

Completely uncalled for. This "I'm better than you" attitude is the very reason the left is losing ground fast.

I would define "politically inept" as "Someone who can't have a political debate without resorting to insults and vitriol". Seriously, what makes you think you're better than Peiriannydd at this? If you aren't a politician, then you have no ground to stand on, and if you are, then I suggest being a better one, because Labour is faltering.

Statistically, "the next person" is likely not to hold your views, so maybe you should take people's views more seriously rather than thinking you're better than them.

I have no ground to stand on unless I'm a politician? Only politicians are permitted to be politically savvy are they? Now that's utter bollocks.

And that person, like many others on this forum, are completely politically inept. Call me arrogant all you want, but I', still right. And I don't represent "the left" or anyone else other than myself. The arrogance is the thinking that Brexit will somehow be OK because of something about "Britain" and "Great" and nationalism and pride. When it comes to politics half this forum is still in Kindergarten.

Cen

PostSun Apr 16, 2017 9:37 am

Simon__200 wrote:
I have no ground to stand on unless I'm a politician? Only politicians are permitted to be politically savvy are they? Now that's utter bollocks.

And that person, like many others on this forum, are completely politically inept. Call me arrogant all you want, but I', still right. And I don't represent "the left" or anyone else other than myself. The arrogance is the thinking that Brexit will somehow be OK because of something about "Britain" and "Great" and nationalism and pride. When it comes to politics half this forum is still in Kindergarten.

My point was that unless you're a politician, you have absolutely no right to say you know more about politics than any person of any career choice. It was you who chose to bring up careers. My personal view is that any opinion is a valid opinion in a democracy. Something that you seemingly can't grasp.

I don't know why I wasted my time with you in the first place. You're clearly just a stuck-up nobody.

jonbvn

PostSun Apr 16, 2017 10:37 am

Simon__200 wrote:

So you know the final outcome of BREXIT negotiations before they have even started? Did you arrive in your Tardis perchance? I'm really not sure which is worse, your arrogance or bigotry.

Jantra

PostSun Apr 16, 2017 10:52 am

@Simon

When the smell of shit is following you around all day when you get home you should really check your own shoes
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum