It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:28 am

Commonwealth Games Bid (or lack of one!)

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Zach

Re: Commonwealth Games Bid (or lack of one!)

PostWed Mar 01, 2017 6:42 pm

Nice to see another British city showing some ambition:

You just wait, if Liverpool get it then they will come up with something that they have been hard done by!
Eh, eh, eh, what we need is more jobs and investment in hour city like.
(remind anyone of other parts of the country?)

Peiriannydd

PostSat May 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Well this is interesting. It may make financial sense for small regions of the Commonwealth, but I think this will really spoil the feel of the games and perhaps even dilute the legacy effect:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-39881638

That said, it's also nonsence that host cities host all of the events. Quite often, in both the Commonwealth and Olympic games, some events are held elsewhere. At recently as the Glasgow Game I believe that the diving was held in Edinburgh.

moyceyyy

PostTue May 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Peiriannydd wrote:Well this is interesting. It may make financial sense for small regions of the Commonwealth, but I think this will really spoil the feel of the games and perhaps even dilute the legacy effect:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-39881638

That said, it's also nonsence that host cities host all of the events. Quite often, in both the Commonwealth and Olympic games, some events are held elsewhere. At recently as the Glasgow Game I believe that the diving was held in Edinburgh.

Perhaps South-East Wales could host it. Cardiff and Newport alongside the valleys could potentially have the facilities. It's a shame Wales cant host major tournaments (the rugby world cup probably being the only one), because we have some great stadia.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum