It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:57 am

2017 Champions League Final

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

paul cardiffwalesmap

Re: 2017 Champions League Final

PostMon May 29, 2017 3:20 am

Frank wrote:Close the roof? Why?????????

It seem that this is to do with security http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40059676

I think it's a shame, as we should get some great aerial video of the city centre / stadium and the closed roof will deter from how amazing the stadium will look on the big day. Having said that the atmosphere in the stadium under a closed roof will be immense! - but still a dissapointment :|
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Zach

PostMon May 29, 2017 11:10 am

PostMon May 29, 2017 3:20 am

In the States again!!

Maybe they could paint a big picture of Gareth Bale on the closed roof and then we could get the Heli shots of Cardiff.

Zach

PostTue May 30, 2017 7:02 pm

How long has this photo of Bale been up?
Did they read my previous post.

LocalLurker

PostWed May 31, 2017 6:31 pm

I saw it on Sunday evening having a couple jars outside Tiny Rebel

Getting close now, couldn't get tickets to the main event but going to the women's final tomorrow and down the bay on Friday to go to the fanzone 8-) Football is coming home :P

LocalLurker

PostWed May 31, 2017 6:37 pm

Oh and fingers crossed...

Cardiff's Principality Stadium may yet join the Euro 2020 party after hosting Champions League final
* Real Madrid and Juventus will line up at the Principality Stadium on Saturday
* Cardiff missed out on being one of 13 host cities at Euro 2020
* But the proposed Eurostadium near Brussels has yet to be built

Cardiff's Principality Stadium, host venue for the Champions League final on Saturday, still has an outside chance of staging games at Euro 2020 despite having missed out when UEFA made their original selection.

There is considerable doubt whether Brussels can continue as one of the chosen 13 venues as its proposed Eurostadium in Grimbergen, just north of the Belgian capital, has yet to be built after the intended tenant club Anderlecht pulled out. The issue is expected to be raised at UEFA's executive meeting in Wales on Thursday.

If Brussels withdraws, having already unveiled its host city logo, the Principality Stadium is the obvious replacement, provided it can fit in with the way the groups in the tournament will be allocated. The Champions League final will offer Cardiff a showcase to remind UEFA's hierarchy of what it can offer.

The FA of Wales are aware of the Brussels problem but have had no discussions with UEFA, who ironically awarded the Principality the 2017 Champions League final partly because it missed out on Euro 2020.
The smaller Hampden Park, with the backing of Sir Alex Ferguson, was surprisingly chosen ahead of Cardiff by one vote in 2014. A UEFA spokesman said: 'There are some concerns about the Eurostadium project, yet it is still possible to finish it within the agreed timetable.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... party.html

Zach

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 4:46 pm

I think that not showing the match on big screens in the city is a snub to locals.
Yes we want to stage the match but locals please don't visit as it will be too busy for the likes of you
You might find it on in bars (except Weatherspoon that is :) unless they can rescan their HD freeview boxes in time, assuming it can be picked up)

Football Match
2nd/3th June
Plan Ahead

(i.e. stay away)

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/05/bt-showcase-changes-who-can-still.html

Zach

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 11:20 pm

I was in town tonight and boy was it quiet the police and the security out-numbered ordinary folk 10 to 1

I checked train times for Penarth on Saturday and this just pissed me off and sumed up the organisers attidue, sod you locals we have more important people to look after.

Last train is at 7pm on a Saturday!

Cen

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 11:44 pm

The Bay was quite busy today, especially for a Thursday. I'd imagine the people that would have been in town chose to check out the festival in the bay instead. Can't really see the logic in the train times though.

penarth bloke

PostFri Jun 02, 2017 4:13 am

Zach wrote:I was in town tonight and boy was it quiet the police and the security out-numbered ordinary folk 10 to 1

I checked train times for Penarth on Saturday and this just pissed me off and sumed up the organisers attidue, sod you locals we have more important people to look after.

Last train is at 7pm on a Saturday!

As I understand it, Queen Street and Cathays will still be open.

Zach

PostFri Jun 02, 2017 7:58 am

No the last train to penarth from queen st is 7.30pm.
They must need the platforms at central.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum