It is currently Tue May 11, 2021 9:16 am


Metro

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Msmurf

  • Posts: 245
  • Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:21 am

Re: Metro

PostFri Feb 19, 2021 8:58 pm

dazplott wrote:Nice work. Just a quick thought though - some of those curves look pretty tight. I looked up the min curve radius for a Stadler CityLink tram-train and it’s 22m.


Fair comment - i will see if i can factor that in. Also gradient for tge bute street crossing.
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.
Offline

LRcardiff

  • Posts: 30
  • Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:48 am

Re: Metro

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 8:36 pm

Anyone know anything about when we can expect to see some work on the "Cardiff Crossrail"?!

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/latest ... 2-01-2021/

Not heard anything else since this announcement.
Offline

Ash

  • Posts: 985
  • Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Metro

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 9:11 pm

LRcardiff wrote:Anyone know anything about when we can expect to see some work on the "Cardiff Crossrail"?!

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/latest ... 2-01-2021/

Not heard anything else since this announcement.


It's years away apart from the short extention to a new Cardiff Bay station opposite Craft in the Bay. That's due to happen by 2023.
Offline

jones4891

  • Posts: 96
  • Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Metro

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 10:12 pm

New Metro station confirmed for Mynachdy.

https://nation.cymru/news/metro-station ... ent-flats/
Offline

Simon_SW17

  • Posts: 504
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Re: Metro

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 1:37 pm

Ash wrote:
LRcardiff wrote:Anyone know anything about when we can expect to see some work on the "Cardiff Crossrail"?!

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/latest ... 2-01-2021/

Not heard anything else since this announcement.


It's years away apart from the short extention to a new Cardiff Bay station opposite Craft in the Bay. That's due to happen by 2023.


I would have thought there would be some plans submitted by now for the Bay extension, especially considering it includes doubling the track from Queen St.and a new station at Loudon Square. Hopefully it's not running behind schedule.
Offline

Ash

  • Posts: 985
  • Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Metro

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 11:05 pm

I'm no expert but presumably the extention and the Loudon Square station require planning permission. I'm guessing that redoubling the track is a permitted development, not requiring formal permission.
Offline

Simon_SW17

  • Posts: 504
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Re: Metro

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 9:18 am

Ash wrote:I'm no expert but presumably the extention and the Loudon Square station require planning permission. I'm guessing that redoubling the track is a permitted development, not requiring formal permission.


Yes, it's just the buildings I think. My slight concern is that 2 years isn't a very long lead time in the transport world. Maybe it's simpler now it's publicly owned by the WG.
Offline
User avatar

Msmurf

  • Posts: 245
  • Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:21 am

Re: Metro

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 10:17 am

I think part of the delay has been due to Arena development which will relocate the existing Bay station from its current home to its earlier 'Flourish' location and now to its new Cardiff Bay Interchange location. But it was always planned fir 2023 in any case so might still be on target
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests